When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've watched the marches since I was a kid Pep, these days it's a couple of days fishing & golf and a good chance to meet up with friends and family. There's nothing bigoted about it whatsoever!
Give it up!

Of course the fishing and golfing season just happen to coincide with the marching season,sure they do.

2 hours ago, Antlion said:

You're good at responding to questions you weren't asked, so let's try a direct one: if Scotland is not a "minor region", as kev claims it is not of the UK, what *is* Scotland's status within it? In no way can Scotland be described, as you've tried unsuccessfully to do in your rush to be a tiresome smartarse, as a "political union".

It isn't being a "smartarse" answering a question accurately. 

It is quite clearly a nation within the UK with substantial devolved powers.  Powers that the devolved administration screamed for and when given, refuse to use.

7 minutes ago, strichener said:

It isn't being a "smartarse" answering a question accurately. 

It is quite clearly a nation within the UK with substantial devolved powers.  Powers that the devolved administration screamed for and when given, refuse to use.

That doesn't explain why you claimed it was a "political union" in response to "what do you call [Scotland]". In what way is Scotland a "political union"?

Glad to see your Better Together playbook is serving you well though. "Substantial devolved powers", indeed. I'm surprised you are not lamenting that we have "super duper Devo Max" and are not making the most of being a tall dwarf. I do wonder which other devolved parliaments exist, that we might compare how substantial are the powers Westminster deigned to let Scotland tinker with.

2 minutes ago, Antlion said:

That doesn't explain why you claimed it was a "political union" in response to "what do you call [Scotland]". In what way is Scotland a "political union"?

Glad to see your Better Together playbook is serving you well though. "Substantial devolved powers", indeed. I'm surprised you are not lamenting that we have "super duper Devo Max" and are not making the most of being a tall dwarf. I do wonder which other devolved parliaments exist, that we might compare how substantial are the powers Westminster deigned to let Scotland tinker with.

That wasn't the question you asked.  If we are going to explicitly refer to Scotland then please inform me how the UK came into existence, who voted for it?  Was it the consequence of a political settlement, civil war or military coup?

29 minutes ago, strichener said:

That wasn't the question you asked.  If we are going to explicitly refer to Scotland then please inform me how the UK came into existence, who voted for it?  Was it the consequence of a political settlement, civil war or military coup?

"What do *you* call a former country which has been incorporated into a state whose other, larger former country outvotes it, chooses its government, and decides on its trade deals, military engagements and relationship with supranational organisations? Be very specific."

That quite clearly *was* the question I asked, to which you answered "a political union". Anyone with functioning synapses and an ability to read the thread would understand that the "former country" which was the primary subject of my question was "Scotland". It would help if you read my posts before leaping in to reply as soon as you spot them and get all excited about the opportunity to display what a great little independent and unblinkered thinker you, and only you, are.

Edited by Antlion

What drove you back into British Nationalism after your flirtation with voting "yes" next time following the Brexit vote? Is it the sterling job the government Scotland didn't vote for done so far, or a sudden realisation that it's absolutely right that England and Wales decide what's right, and Scotland is told to STFU because it's a backwater colony?

It's called Stockholm Syndrome. He feels hard done by, thinks his Masters are taking the piss; but then the hardened needy subservient want kicks in and he's fully 100% behind blighty. The most odious unionist type cretin amongst us. In his words he's a 'fukwit'

27 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

It's called Stockholm Syndrome. He feels hard done by, thinks his Masters are taking the piss; but then the hardened needy subservient want kicks in and he's fully 100% behind blighty. The most odious unionist type cretin amongst us. In his words he's a 'fukwit'

Jockholm Syndrome, surely? 

5 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

At least we are in the same club. But as you are the Master fuckwit I have a lot to learn on fuckwittery from you.

On 17/10/2016 at 00:25, Antlion said:

"What do *you* call a former country which has been incorporated into a state whose other, larger former country outvotes it, chooses its government, and decides on its trade deals, military engagements and relationship with supranational organisations? Be very specific."

That quite clearly *was* the question I asked, to which you answered "a political union". Anyone with functioning synapses and an ability to read the thread would understand that the "former country" which was the primary subject of my question was "Scotland". It would help if you read my posts before leaping in to reply as soon as you spot them and get all excited about the opportunity to display what a great little independent and unblinkered thinker you, and only you, are.

It would appear that rather than me having difficulty in reading your posts that you don't actually know what you posting.  I agree that the above question is quite clearly the question that you asked and the one that I answered, I would never assume that your posts are either sensible, logical or coherent and thus answer them as you write them.  It is very apparent that I do read your posts before answering them, your issue isn't with my reading but that you just don't like the answers that you get.

I do notice that the answering of questions appears to be something that you require of others whilst ignoring questions directed to yourself.  Let's try again:

How did the UK came into existence?
Who voted for it? 
Was it the consequence of a political settlement, civil war or military coup?

Edited by strichener

Imagine wanting to divorce your friends, neighbours and biggest trading partners to remain in the EU. Ladies and Gentlemen I give you the Nats. The party of the English hating proles. Glasgow and Dundee voted Yes. One rests ones case.

I would show no emotion watching you buggered...... by a bull elephant

45 minutes ago, strichener said:

It would appear that rather than me having difficulty in reading your posts that you don't actually know what you posting.  I agree that the above question is quite clearly the question that you asked and the one that I answered, I would never assume that your posts are either sensible, logical or coherent and thus answer them as you write them.  It is very apparent that I do read your posts before answering them, your issue isn't with my reading but that you just don't like the answers that you get.

I do notice that the answering of questions appears to be something that you require of others whilst ignoring questions directed to yourself.  Let's try again:

How did the UK came into existence?
Who voted for it? 
Was it the consequence of a political settlement, civil war or military coup?

The "first" UK came into existence via the Treaty of Union 1707.

It was voted for by the Commissioners of Scotland.

No,

As you know the answer to these questions, and no one disputed them, I'm unsure of the purpose of your asking them. It hardly scores you a point when they were never in dispute.

What does confirm you as a tiresome contrarian is your labouring argument against your misreading of my post. I asked what kev calls a former nation which forms a minor region of a state that also includes a larger former nation. Your answer, as you chose to offer it, was "a political union". Which is patently stupid. Scotland, the former nation to which I referred, is not a "political union". By all means, though, continue to tell me what my question to kev actually meant if it makes you feel "right" and that you have the last word.

On 17/10/2016 at 10:26, sergie's no1 fan said:

It certainly has livened up a bit on here in the last week or so anyway.

Wonder when Gordon Brown will get wheeled out this time? Where is Alistair Darling by the way? Not heard from him or his grandkids he was worried about if we went Indy.

I think Darling joined the board of Morgan Stanley. Just like all good ex Marxists do.