Rocket League

Dave1875

Had an utter stinker of a game yesterday. 2-1 down with 20 seconds to go and I've only got something like 50 points the whole match.

Team mate equalises from me missing a tap in and then with 8 seconds to go I score an absolute pile driver perfectly in between the 2 opponents.  Literally jumped out my seat when it when in.

Literally the one 2 things of note I did that whole match!

• 1 month later...

Made decent progress and got up to Challenger Elite div 3, but am kinda stuck there. Worried about going on a losing streak as am getting close to that blue star, but it seems just out of reach. I've found the games much better just up a few levels though, everyone just seems that little bit more competent. Can hardly talk cos I still often make stupid mistakes and completely miss the ball at times, but it happens a lot less frequently. Goals in these games tend to come from good play rather than stupid mistakes. Had a game that went about 8 mins into overtime, the amount of epic saves on both sides just took the piss, but alas, we eventually lost it. Gutter.

13 hours ago, Tamdunk said:

Made decent progress and got up to Challenger Elite div 3, but am kinda stuck there. Worried about going on a losing streak as am getting close to that blue star, but it seems just out of reach. I've found the games much better just up a few levels though, everyone just seems that little bit more competent. Can hardly talk cos I still often make stupid mistakes and completely miss the ball at times, but it happens a lot less frequently. Goals in these games tend to come from good play rather than stupid mistakes. Had a game that went about 8 mins into overtime, the amount of epic saves on both sides just took the piss, but alas, we eventually lost it. Gutter.

I had a match like this yesterday that made it to 7:54 overtime.  Like yourself we lost!  About 30 seconds before they scored I made an epic save and we had a breakaway which a team mate contrived to screw up. 

Also had one of those amazing moments that you have no idea how it happened last week.  A goal down in the final 5 seconds and the opponents clear the ball.  I've given up so start doing flips in their goal mouth.  All of a sudden the ball is launched up field as the clock hits zero and I somehow managed to move myself just to the side of the goal for the ball to bounce off me and just over the line.  We won in overtime as well!

Been looking at picking this up - is it decent just as a single-player or does it have to be online?
Also, how would a 5 year old get on with it?
Cheers

Offline gets dull quick. I played a full season and it was boring after a few games.

The new training levels are a welcome addition though.

On 1/21/2017 at 22:16, Kool Keith said:

What's the new training? 

You can download user created training levels if there's certain areas you struggle with.  Stuff like driving up the wall and knocking the ball in etc.  

https://rocketleaguegame.com/news/customize-your-training-soon/

I love it when you play and don't really care whether you win or lose, cause people get raging and it's hilarious. However i hate it when you do care about winning or losing and your teammates pull stupid stuff, like leaving the goal ungaurded at the kickoff for a boost. We had 10 seconds to go and I had just scored to take the lead, they score from kickoff cos noone styed to defend, then they go on to win in overtime. I don't think I'll ever get to rising star.

• 2 weeks later...

Had an absolute mare lately and plummeted to challenger 1, however I'm up to challenger 3 in the doubles and playing reasonably well in that. Think the season ends in April and I want those blue wheels.

• 1 month later...