Rocket League

Dave1875

I've just added you. I'm not on too often either but I'm fine to play if we're ever both on!

Didn't see that you had added me - will double check when I'm home tonight.   Was on for hours last night as well!

He's probably beaten me online at some point. 

Started playing with ball cam on all the time makes it easier to predict where the balls going and I don't blindly circle about the pitch as much as I used to.

He's actually not bad but we've only played each other in exhibition a couple of time. Still figuring it all out. Fucking fun though.

Hate when you lose an early goal and folk rage quit and then your stuck with the god awful AI.

Have to disagree. Some are more trouble than they are worth no matter what their supposed skill level.

If they won't defend as well as attack, hit their own team mates out of the way to try & steal the goal they're about to score (almost inevitably leading to the shot going wide), go for 100 power ups every kick off instead of going for the ball or guarding the goal......... then you are FAR better off with an AI bot anyway.

Got involved in a 6-1 massacre earlier this evening - the other side were one Master and two Expert levels against muggins, a Pro and a Veteran. The Pro pissed off after we lost the first goal, we got a bot, game turned on its head with the other team being more interested in getting each other's road & leaving their goal wide open for every long range shot we could. Didn't even last the full five minutes before the last of them "stats quit" with thirty seconds left.

Have to disagree. Some are more trouble than they are worth no matter what their supposed skill level.

If they won't defend as well as attack, hit their own team mates out of the way to try & steal the goal they're about to score (almost inevitably leading to the shot going wide), go for 100 power ups every kick off instead of going for the ball or guarding the goal......... then you are FAR better off with an AI bot anyway.

Got involved in a 6-1 massacre earlier this evening - the other side were one Master and two Expert levels against muggins, a Pro and a Veteran. The Pro pissed off after we lost the first goal, we got a bot, game turned on its head with the other team being more interested in getting each other's road & leaving their goal wide open for every long range shot we could. Didn't even last the full five minutes before the last of them "stats quit" with thirty seconds left.

Tbh, I've never had a game were the AI played well. They're just as bad at going for the power ups. I've noticed a few times them just wondering of to get the 100 boost and doing nothing with it or when they decide to guard the goal and completely miss a piss easy save that a fairly competent player would have got to.

Tbh, I've never had a game were the AI played well. They're just as bad at going for the power ups. I've noticed a few times them just wondering of to get the 100 boost and doing nothing with it or when they decide to guard the goal and completely miss a piss easy save that a fairly competent player would have got to.

AI can be terrible - particularly when chasing a ball that's rolling towards our goal.  99 times out of 100 instead of knocking the ball wide they'll hit the ball dead on and smack it into the goal.

Had a cracking match yesterday but lost 5-4.  Think I'd scored 3 to put us 4-3 up with 20 seconds to go but then had a brain fart and launched a shot from half way into my own goal.  Heck even the AI would have been proud.

• 2 weeks later...

Just had a mental match that ended 8-7. 2 seconds to go and l equalise before scoring the winner in overtime. Going to bed happy now

Finally scored my first aerial goal as well.  Total fluke as it was more a deflection off me while I was defending that flew the length of the pitch and in :lol:

Edited by The Minertaur

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody ever mucked about offline with the cube setting?  Had a 1v1 split screen at the weekend with gravity turned way down and a giant cube.  Great fun for about half an hour before we went back to the normal ball online.

• 2 months later...

Playing this quite regularly still.   Just seen they've announced a new game mode for it which is being released soon.  Basically a way to f**k around with all the settings!  Looks a bit too crazy for my liking admittedly but will give it a shot.

http://thenextweb.com/apps/2016/08/08/fire-up-your-engines-for-rocket-leagues-silly-new-rumble-mode/#gref

• 2 weeks later...