Rocket League

Dave1875

Confirmed as out on Xbox One a week today. Costing less than £20.00 :D

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/642734/Rocket-League-Xbox-One-release-date-exclusives

Bought and installed today. 15.99

My 6 year old acting like its Xmas all over again. Only 4 more sleeps to go until it can be played.

Bought and installed today. 15.99

My 6 year old acting like its Xmas all over again. Only 4 more sleeps to go until it can be played.

Bought it myself earlier. Thanks to a Christmas present for £30 xbox vouchers this is costing me nothing. Cannot wait to play.

Edited by The Minertaur

Me and my pals got it for £9 on the steam sale. An absolute riot to play with folk you know, especially when you mess about with moonball and 10x turbo strength etc.

Just getting to grips with it after a few hours of play, hardly mastered the controls yet but improving all the time. My aerial game needs work.

Aerials are tough but one of the most satisfying things in the game when you get them right- most satisfying being when you demolish the opposition defender allowing a free shot at goal.

First game on the ps4 that's led to me rage-smashing my controller after blowing a 3-0 lead with 90 seconds to go - probably worse as it was vs bots as the server was down, I don't get too worked up about online as I always accept there will be many, many better players than me. Fortunately I was able to fix it.

Played a few of the "Rocket Labs" game last night,pitches with 2 goals per team, circular pitches etc but the novelty wears off pretty quickly.

Edited by Fuctifano

Played a few of the "Rocket Labs" game last night,pitches with 2 goals per team, circular pitches etc but the novelty wears off pretty quickly.

I spent a lot of my time on Rocket League moaning about a lack of variety, then the new stuff came along and I was back on Ranked lobbies after 15 minutes.

Played a couple of online games at lunch time. Literally first time ever playing and trying to get used to the controls.

First match - 0 v 6. One guy on the other team scored 5. I spent most of the game trying to figure out the controls. Think I earned 10 points :lol:

Second match - 4 v 3. SUCCESS! 2 goals and a late winner from a randomer. Jumped out my seat when the keeper missed it :lol:

Seems a lot of fun and I can't wait to play some more. My first goal was a beautifully executed front flip hit from about 2 yards out.

Had a couple more games last night. Sure my record is now played 6 won 5, scored 5 and made a couple of saves. One match I managed hat-trick of own goals including a beauty in the dying seconds to tie the game. Thankfully we won in overtime.

Such a simple but fun game!

EDIT - forget everything I said above. Just had the most infuriating spell on it when I played 6 games, lost 4 and didn't score any until the last match. Thankfully however a goal straight from the initial kick off relaxed me and I managed to score a last second winner as the timer hit 0 to win 4-3. 3-0 up with 2 mins to go and they clawed it back with 15 seconds left. I basically put the controller down, game kicks off, ball breaks towards me and I just launch it up the field into the empty net. Scenes.

Also just had a wonderful match which ended 3-3. In overtime my phone went off and I answered so was only half paying attention to the game. Next thing you know the ball is hurtling towards our goal and I end up doing a fantastic bank off the wall to fly across the goal and knock the ball to safety. Absolutely delighted with myself!

Until I realised that I had just stopped my own team from scoring :lol: Was wondering why I didn't get any credit for an epic save!

Edited by The Minertaur

• 2 weeks later...

Just scored back to back hat-tricks for the first time. Is it just me that does nothing for 2/3 games then suddenly goes on a run of banging in goals?

Yeah when I get in a good lobby I don't leave. My theory is it has something to do with your connection.

Just scored back to back hat-tricks for the first time. Is it just me that does nothing for 2/3 games then suddenly goes on a run of banging in goals?

Yes, you get that happening a lot, game after game where you couldn't score if the stadium was called Clatty Patty's, all of a sudden you've banged in four goals in under a minute before you've had the chance to "WTF?" it.

Sometimes you come up against a team mix that works against you (both your own team & the opposition's), and all it can take is for one player to be replaced by another for the whole dynamic to change - that's what so excellent about this game. Five minutes later, & literally a whole new ball game.