Jim Spence Leaving BBC?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spencey is definitely one of the good guys and is always good for winding up the Old Firm idiots. Still a bit of a shit journalist though, I think he just sounds decent compared to the myriad of braindead ex-players on Sportsound.

Any pundit that doesn't pander to the knuckle-dragging OF morons in everything they do is a rare breed and should be commended.

Guid c**t, Spence.

Well said ????????

Spencey is definitely one of the good guys and is always good for winding up the Old Firm idiots. Still a bit of a shit journalist though, I think he just sounds decent compared to the myriad of braindead ex-players on Sportsound.

Derek Ferguson thinks that Starks Park has a slope, it did, twenty fucking years ago.

He's starting Channel 6 up again on his own.

:lol:

I've always wondered, was Channel 6 black and white for everyone, or was that just my TV?

But aye, shite news. He does a better job than anyone of talking up the non-OFCeltic side of our game.

Did I just dream Chick Young announcing his retirement with self-aggrandising fanfare on Sportsound near the start of last season, or did it happen? Either way, he's still there. If he's done a Ferguson-style u-turn, deciding the BBC would crumble without him, then that was probably the final straw for Spencey.

Did I just dream Chick Young announcing his retirement with self-aggrandising fanfare on Sportsound near the start of last season, or did it happen? Either way, he's still there. If he's done a Ferguson-style u-turn, deciding the BBC would crumble without him, then that was probably the final straw for Spencey.

Retiring after the euro championships.

Retiring after the euro championships.

Ah right, cheers. Understandable that he would give us two years' notice, to soften the blow.

Disappointed if Spencey is leaving the Beeb, but not surprising, given his treatment over the Sevco comment and his fairly public move away from the BBC line with the Indy Ref.

Hopefully doesn't totally disappear off the landscape, as he has diligently covered Tayside, Aberdeen and the Highlands as required over the years, always talkng these teams up as far as possible.

Loss to Sportsound as they seem to be going further down the dimwitted ex player route.

Is there anyone more annoying than that fucking imbecile Alan Preston?

"CHAAAAAAAAAANCE...........oh, its a throw"

I remember when Richard Gordon was asked on otb about the open all mikes format - something along the lines of whether there are any time wasters on it. Diplomatically responded with;

"Well...I wouldn't go that far...it's just...em...Chick really likes being on the radio."

:lol:

Archived