M9 Crash near Stirling

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the passengers are lying there in critical condition chances are a member of the public trying to save them could just make them worse definitely a job for the professionals.

Don't think anyone was suggesting that but perhaps if a 999 call had been made with a request for Ambulance, Police and Fire Service to attend, the situation might not have turned out as badly as it did.

It seems all the driver saw was a bit of wreckage at the side of the road. TBH if I was passing at 70 mph I might not even had bothered calling it in. Probably would have stopped and checked it out if it wasn't a motorway though.

P.S. If he did only see a bit of wreckage at the side of the road how come nobody else called it in for 3 days?

Looks to me as if they've almost missed the exit, gone for it, and swerved too much and down the side perhaps.

It's an exit I've nearly missed a few times.

Can we assume that if the notifier phoned whilst driving he'll be prosecuted accordingly ?

It seems all the driver saw was a bit of wreckage at the side of the road. TBH if I was passing at 70 mph I might not even had bothered calling it in. Probably would have stopped and checked it out if it wasn't a motorway though.

And you would probably have been doing at least 10% more than 70 mph.

:rolleyes:

House and Matheson should both go.

Providing emergency support to citizens in need when called upon is one of the most basic functions of a state. The failure to do so in this instance has directly resulted in the tragic death of at least one person.

The person that phoned it in did exactly what they should've done. They should feel absolutely no guilt, it's the polices job to go and check these things out.

I agree here. You see a car stationary off the road and in many cases it's been there for a while. However, if you see a car actually coming off the road and have the ability to stop (safely) and help? Well, there's no moral obligation, but you could imagine why folk may feel guilty in that case. The guy in question did what numerous folk before him probably hadn't (i.e. reported the vehicle) though.

Read that the poor wifie had to lie injured and trapped right beside the dead body for three days to the level of suffering kidney failure through dehydration. Doesn't bear thinking about. :(

Did the guy see the car going off the road or did he just spot the wreckage sometime later?

I think I would have been inclined to stop and check whether there was anyone in the car possibly in urgent need of help, but obviously heads should roll as to why the guy's call to the police got no response.

Too dangerous to stop at that location to check ifs buts and maybes.

Calling the police was the correct course of action.

Providing emergency support to citizens in need when called upon is one of the most basic functions of a state. The failure to do so in this instance has directly resulted in the tragic death of at least one person.

Correct..there seems an arrogance from House that the people do not deserve.

Correct..there seems an arrogance from House that the people do not deserve.

I can understand why he's feeling guilty then.

Hangings too good for him. I hope the police sue him for the reputational damage they are suffering as a result of his only calling them the once.

Archived