144th Open Championship

Davis Love III

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's great to watch just for the fact that Faldo is a shit load over par

Fair enough. I`d rather have seen more of those who are more than a sideshow to the main event.

That plus the fact that he is a total c**t obviously.

I can jst imagine his reaction when he was a top player if he`d been paired with some old has-been.

I`m getting irritated by the extent of coverage of the total irrelevance that is Nick Faldo. :thumbsdown

The beebs coverage is pretty shit nowadays,today they basically showed f all of Lawrie because he isnt a home counties or top star favourite,much like they stayed with westwood a couple of years ago when he was collapsing and hardly showed micklesons charge which was superb

Walked the front 9 holes with the Bubba Watson, Poulter and Charl Schwartzel group then followed Spieth and Johnson from the 9th to the 18th. Saw a bit of Lawrie's round as well as he was in the group behind Spieth. St Andrews always seems to be a course where you make your score on the way out then hang on to it on the way in.

It really is a poor spectator course though, made worse by the amount of TV cameramen that surround the greens and block your view further.

Walked the front 9 holes with the Bubba Watson, Poulter and Charl Schwartzel group then followed Spieth and Johnson from the 9th to the 18th. Saw a bit of Lawrie's round as well as he was in the group behind Spieth. St Andrews always seems to be a course where you make your score on the way out then hang on to it on the way in.

It really is a poor spectator course though, made worse by the amount of TV cameramen that surround the greens and block your view further.

do you have any money left? Best part of £200 for two folk to go with a parked car, before buying any food or merchandise, put me right off going

do you have any money left? Best part of £200 for two folk to go with a parked car, before buying any food or merchandise, put me right off going

I fancied going on Saturday but it's far too pricey. Train ticket, £80 admission and then refreshments would be probably near £150.

A boy I go to the football with is going to hospitality there today. £600 a skull :blink:

Just seen a picture of one of the greens tbf it is a bit flooded.

I have got my ticket for Sunday, getting train up from Waverly which is £18 return so a would say you are looking at a £150 day and that isnt buying anything other than a bite to eat and a few bottles of water (maybe a pint or 3)

It certainly isn't cheap. Got the ticket as a birthday gift from my other half. Food and drink is expensive as well but if you take some in with you that saves a bit of cash.

I was there for 9 hours so when you think it's 9 hours of watching the best golfers in the world it isn't quite so bad. The £15 to park your car is ridiculous though.

Just glad I went yesterday and not today!

The beebs coverage is pretty shit nowadays,today they basically showed f all of Lawrie because he isnt a home counties or top star favourite,much like they stayed with westwood a couple of years ago when he was collapsing and hardly showed micklesons charge which was superb

Spot on but it was funny to see Sir Nick duck hook like a club golfer. Dan Walker is terrible, worse than the boring commentators. I'm just relieved that Clare Balding is not presenting.

Spot on but it was funny to see Sir Nick duck hook like a club golfer. Dan Walker is terrible, worse than the boring commentators. I'm just relieved that Clare Balding is not presenting.

I think Andrew Cotter is the best the Beeb have. Insightful, respectful and amusing.

Archived