On 31/03/2018 at 13:44, Tartantony said:

Is this your go to point on the issue, that no-one on here are experts in South African tax matters? 

While I am no expert, I was one of the main accountants for a large company in South Africa for 5 years and I can tell you for a fact that it's extremely difficult to move funds from South Africa to a foreign entity, even when the foreign entity is the parent entity. I spent 5 years trying to move R11m (approx $1m) and when I left the role the money was still sitting in South Africa. He would need to work with SARS, SARB and auditors and meet every single bit of criteria in order to get anything out. They take things like tax history and reputation into account which we all know doesn't go in DKs favour. 

Now it could well be that he has the funds in a trust in another country and South Africa doesn't come into the equation but if they do then i would be flabbergasted if he got £11m out of South Africa. 

image.png.722bb8d6e53ef0a2545b2eae7896f99a.png

image.png.58a51888d9a0429e20ea45cdf9467d0b.png

Is this your go to point on the issue, that no-one on here are experts in South African tax matters? 
While I am no expert, I was one of the main accountants for a large company in South Africa for 5 years and I can tell you for a fact that it's extremely difficult to move funds from South Africa to a foreign entity, even when the foreign entity is the parent entity. I spent 5 years trying to move R11m (approx $1m) and when I left the role the money was still sitting in South Africa. He would need to work with SARS, SARB and auditors and meet every single bit of criteria in order to get anything out. They take things like tax history and reputation into account which we all know doesn't go in DKs favour. 
Now it could well be that he has the funds in a trust in another country and South Africa doesn't come into the equation but if they do then i would be flabbergasted if he got £11m out of South Africa. 

I might be a bit late here but I work for a major UK bank. We have at least 5000 SA clients and most of them move large sums of money (£1 million +) in and out of South Africa easily, both from individual and business accounts.

Most of these come to us in ZAR and it takes around 6 days both ways.

I might be a bit late here but I work for a major UK bank. We have at least 5000 SA clients and most of them move large sums of money (£1 million +) in and out of South Africa easily, both from individual and business accounts.

Is that coming through some sort of exchange Dindy? Don't know how the rules are for Companies that are trading on stock markets etc especially if funds are coming and going.

My situation was trying to move funds from a company to it's Parent in the UK. I.e earnings from SA leaving the country for good. We're not talking a small company here, i work for one of the largest investment banks in the world.

From what I experienced I can't see DK getting funds out.

I work for a massively huge company.... do I win? [emoji23]

I had a boss who lived and worked in SA and when he was preparing to move over here he had a hell of a time getting his money moved over. In fact am I pretty sure most of it is still over there.

They really don’t like money made in SA leaving SA.

14 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

If you can show you moved it in, then you can move it out.   Otherwise . . .

On 4/15/2018 at 16:59, The DA said:

A Cup final crowd might have eased the financial burden come May.  Pity.

And I wonder how many fans will refuse to renew their season tickets this time round?  It's not looking good for them.

Looks like the renewals are going just fine....

How's things going down in the lower leagues?