Aye, alienation really puts the mockers on Ashley's income, right enough.

Newcastle fans think he's the devil incarnate, which would explain why their crowds number in the hundreds and you never see any Geordie wearing anything at all bearing NUFC branding....

while i have my own opinions of ashley and his links with us, the opinion of the newcastle fans is one that should be laughed at given their belief they should be a big club yet they havent won a fucking thing since the 60's

while i have my own opinions of ashley and his links with us, the opinion of the newcastle fans is one that should be laughed at given their belief they should be a big club yet they havent won a fucking thing since the 60's

Unlike fans of the rangers, who believe they follow a big club, yet their club has never even played in the top tier, let alone won it.

Most of them support their local team despite a lack of the 'success' so many Rangers fans crave and use for purposes of definition.

No wonder you despise them. Nothing like you guys at all.

Most of them support their local team despite a lack of the 'success' so many Rangers fans crave and use for purposes of definition.

No wonder you despise them. Nothing like you guys at all.

Do you shop in a local shop for local people too?

Do you shop in a local shop for local people too?

No, not especially.

Football clubs however, were created to represent communities and I follow the one that represents mine.

The vast majority of geordies support the one that represents theirs.

They weren't. They were formed to play football.

The last poll on this on P&B showed that most posters don't do the brain dead 'follow the local team' bollocks.

And by sheer chance, the one you picked from outwith your area, enjoyed massive advantages and won a lot. I'll stick with my criteria thanks.

They're altogether less brain dead than yours.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

And by sheer chance, the one you picked from outwith your area, enjoyed massive advantages and won a lot. I'll stick with my criteria thanks. It's altogether less brain dead than yours.

Give it a shot then. What are my criteria?

Most of them support their local team despite a lack of the 'success' so many Rangers fans crave and use for purposes of definition. No wonder you despise them. Nothing like you guys at all.

whats that got to do with their unsubstantiated belief that they are a big club, newcastle never have and never will be a big hitter in the english game, yet their fanbase want them challenging for the top 4 :lol

whats that got to do with their unsubstantiated belief that they are a big club, newcastle never have and never will be a big hitter in the english game, yet their fanbase want them challenging for the top 4 :lol

I assume you've never been to St James', or indeed in Newcastle on a match day. Such passion about a club, and purely for footballing reasons, that doesn't cheat its way to regular silverware may be incomprehensible to you and yours*, but not even Sunderland fans would deny they're kind of a big deal.

* And, of course, to all the SKY-bound legions of Man U, Chelsea and Barcelona "fans".

WRK has got this I see.

Newcastle United is a very big club indeed. It's not a terribly successful one, but they have a big stadium which they fill and they take huge numbers on the road.

Saying they're not a big club is just stupidity. They're certainly a big underachiever though.

Give it a shot then. What are my criteria?

We did this a while ago on the big thread Kincardine.

The only criterion you identified yourself was to do with the club reflecting reformation values and having unionist credentials. I'd imagine that winning lots of trophies probably comes in there too.

If you want to advise me of other criteria you've employed though, I'm all ears.

To suggest that Newcastle never have been a big hitter in the English game also betrays a spectacular ignorance of football history.