To return briefly to the original theme, the finances still appear "impossible", by which I mean there's no non-extraordinary means of the club getting more than a few months into the season; yet still the SMSM seem content to ignore such practicalities and instead report happily on the imminent "return to the club's rightful place". Either I'm missing something obvious or they are.

Has anyone found a means of Rangers not becoming insolvent yet? Is it Ashley bankrolling them on his terms? Nothing else seems plausible.

The only criterion that matters is that people can support whoever they like and not be looked down on by the 'support by measuring tape' brigade.

So why would anyone be envious towards another team?

All they have to do is evoke their right to support whomever they like.

To return briefly to the original theme, the finances still appear "impossible", by which I mean there's no non-extraordinary means of the club getting more than a few months into the season; yet still the SMSM seem content to ignore such practicalities and instead report happily on the imminent "return to the club's rightful place". Either I'm missing something obvious or they are.

Has anyone found a means of Rangers not becoming insolvent yet? Is it Ashley bankrolling them on his terms? Nothing else seems plausible.

The dreaded SMSM strike again....

Cutting costs, extra investment, possible player sales to bridge the onerous contracts gap, its hardly a secret.

Leave the SMSM conspiracy stuff to Philip and his dedicated followers.

The dreaded SMSM strike again.... Cutting costs, extra investment, possible player sales to bridge the onerous contracts gap, its hardly a secret. Leave the SMSM conspiracy stuff to Philip and his dedicated followers.

I didn't know about the conspiracy, that's news to me; but I don't think it matters as that's not pertinent here. I think that the term SMSM acurately describes the press and TV reportage involved, and it does seems very strange that so little attention is paid to the elephant in the room while so much is paid to relatively minor matters concerning the same team.

To put it another way, seeing so many column inches dedicated to "not really news" wouldn't be so surprising if real, actual news (club with tunrover in the tens of millions has insufficent funds to complete season) were afforded some coverage.

That's the other thread that baffles me, apart from the finances themselves: there's just no apparent interest in stating or investigating what looks like a major funding gap, yet the under-funded club itself is in other ways prime news material. It's like 2011 all over again in that respect.

It was entirely different in 2011 when figures of £149M were being branded about, the amount being talked about now are relatively small.

My memory of that was that D&P came out with that figure in 2012, to the astonishment of many; but that the actual debt (not potential BTC liabilities) in 2011 was seen as a "manageable" £18m. I may have that wrong, but I don't remember £149 from 2011.

The debt at the end of the current season looks as though it is heading for a comparable figure, and I think that it's surprising that this is not top sports news compared to other less important events. I'm not saying that it shouldn't be about events on the park in an ideal world; just that those events are a side-show in this particular case. Still can't see a plausible end-game, but it's pretty clearly not related to statements that the board make, on past performance.

...£5M to MA that really is it, the rest of any shortfall will be covered by equity loans up until a share issue, come back to me at the end of the season if these fail to happen.

OK, fair enough. I admire your optimism.

I can't see, though, how a share issue minus loans can cover the season. Only Ashley seems to have the funds necessary to avoid an insolvency event. We'll see soon enough, one way or the other.

'not really news'?

From what I can see much of the media is currently mainly concerned with matters on the field rather than matters off it, which makes a welcome change and welcome news for most fans.

Rangers are not exactly hiding that the money coming in does not meet the money going out, they have obviously said they are addressing this but they have also said that investment is forthcoming and until then any shortfalls will be met in the way of equity loans, that is enough for most fans who are quite happy to get back to football matters.

It was entirely different in 2011 when figures of £149M were being branded about, the amount being talked about now are relatively small.

So can Mike get his £5M then?

Sometimes the simple numbers we already know can shed more light and wisdom than trying to delve into a detailed analysis of some fudged up and manipulated accounts designed to hide the real scale of the financial woes at Ibrox.

There is circulating a reported £5 million off the finances at Ibrox with the 11 departing failed players, that sounds great until you nullify it with the non recurring incomes they received last season totalling the same amount they are reportedly saving putting them back to square one not saving a single penny for next seasons accounts.

So now they have signed 7 players so far and because they aren't saving a single penny from the departing 11 failed crocks this has added to their financial problems that theoretically can be offset by the increase in ST sales and the ST price hike. But alas we are back to square one possibly not saving a single penny for next season.

So the two things the Rangers fans thought were going to release additional funding helping the club save cash and get on track financially appears to be a busted flush and King & Co will need to save money or get money from other financial revenues.

King has hinted that the Rangers fans need to invest their own cash into the club to help out, that means buying official merchandise to the amount that SportsDirect have ordered and maybe some more. This will help the club out and more importantly for King & Co will reduce the amount of projected overspend they will have to cover to keep the club solvent.

Next up is for the fans to buy ST's and even on the day ticket sales as well as progressing as far into all the cup competitions they enter to help boost the coffers so that King & Co do not need to cover a possible £14 million shortfall for the upcoming season.

All the money they thought they were saving is gone, and all the money they thought they were raising has already been spent. Only as successful season can help reduce their overspending because they are raising more cash by being successful. If the wheels start to fall off then it may or could be the nail that sends the club into administration.

Sure, when is it due again?

Didn't you stand on yer soap box shouting that King should pay Ashley off and get him to fcuk ?, what happened then for you to be a fud about not paying Ashley back ?

You are just a King's mouth breather on P&B, you parrot out nearly word for word the G&SL making you as much a G&SL as he is.

Jesus, Hellbhoy.

"Simple"?

That's a fucking complicated" simple " from where I'm looking. Even if you rewrote it in plain English, I suspect it still errs towards wish fulfillment on your part -although I'm happy to be proved wrong.

The inside of your head must be one scary place.

I would guess you are a Chartered Accounted with the numbers you are churning out?

Accounting is simple, it's the devious methods companies employ accountants to do to hide any discrepancies making the accounts to look far better than they are.

Jesus, Hellbhoy.

"Simple"?

That's a fucking complicated" simple " from where I'm looking. Even if you rewrote it in plain English, I suspect it still errs towards wish fulfillment on your part -although I'm happy to be proved wrong.

The inside of your head must be one scary place.

Simply put then WRK, be prepared to be proved wrong. :)

11 players left = £5 million, minus the £5 million they raised from the commonwealth, wee share issue and Lewis McLeod and equates to ZERO saved for the upcoming season.

7 players signed and the extra ST's they sold this season just about cancels out although they might or may actually make some cash but it won't be much.

So they are back to square one and why King has hinted to the fans to buy official merchandise to help him erm I mean the club out.

Things they will definitely save cash with is McCostalots contract ending in December = a paltry few hundred thousand pounds but helps ??? actually I can't think of any other savings ATM. :lol: It's been all spend spend spend at Ibrokes recently. :)

The QC has posted more about Rangers tonight than I've done in the last month.

No change then.

Seen as this forum is some sort of obsession barometer, that means you don't give a fck about Rangers.

OK, fair enough. I admire your optimism. I can't see, though, how a share issue minus loans can cover the season. Only Ashley seems to have the funds necessary to avoid an insolvency event. We'll see soon enough, one way or the other.

Are you sure you aren't a closet The Rangers fan ?, so what's your beef with my posts ?, you asked in your initial OP for decent posting content and none of the usual guff that gets posted and I obliged but yet you still have a problem !

Come on spit it out or spit the dummy out.