I don't particularly want to convince you that My Team: Alloa Athletic; but I am curious to know in a Popper-falsifiability sort of way whether there's any evidence that, in principle, could persuade you of that. Is there?

I would have thought that I could have taken care of the Celtic thing (as opposed to the non-Alloa thing) with my previous explanation that they rank very close the bottom of my preferred-teams list. It's hard for a non-OFer to understand OF thinking* in this area: for most of the rest of us, expressing such a view about your own team would be unthinkable.

So, bennett, that's a genuine question which I'll repeat: is there any evidence that, in principle, could persuade you that I am not a Celtic fan?

* Perhaps that's the crux: for the rest of us, to a first approximation, Rangers and Celtic count as one choice. The OFers see their clubs, perhaps, as opposites; but the rest of us see them as a cigarette paper apart, and the opposite of all the other, non-OF teams. Just my conjecture, although it would go some way to explaining why there's this "one of them" thinking that completely baffles non-OFers like me.

[edited to spell bennett's name properly]

I shouldn't worry about it - in Bennett's wee brain, the world is full of celtic fans.

In the real world, of course, it's increasingly rare that even parkhead is full of them...

Sorry sugar just not buying it, everything about you reeks.

But there's nothing being sold, there's only a question. Is it possible, in principle, for any evidence to change your opinion on that (whether or not you think that evidence exists)? For example, if we met up and it turned out that I was John Greig, would that evidence change your opinion; or would it cause you to think, "All those years he captained us, and I never realised he was a Celt!"?

That's all I'm asking. I'm not familiar with this "reeking" terminology, but I think I'm safe in assuming that it's not intended as a compliment.

:D

A good Celtic man like yourself, should know it's Celtic Park not Parkhead.

I was under the impression that PotatoDome* and San Giro were the alternatives, but I stand corrected.

* I am aware that that one's a wee bit edgy for some.Given the traditional Scottish diet, however, I'm not seeing how you could find a racist angle in there. Unless, of course, you'd been trained over generations to find offence everywhere. Something else the Bigot Brothers have in common.

Anyway, it's good to see Norman, Shuggy and The DA getting their Rangers 'fix' here. Even they are too embarrassed to join The Bill Miller Wankfest on The Big Thread.

We're not The Rangers fans, Kinky. You can't deflect us with shinies like the BRALT.

You canny beat an Ayrshire tattie. Unless his name is bennett.

I'll add Ayrshire bacon to the mix - it just isn't available 'down here'. Indeed something is awry about that county. They keep their best comestibles to themselves yet export Norman.