The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35014854

The BBC appears to have just given up any pretence of bothering about anybody other than the bigot brothers as their Gossip page is purely drivel about the Old Firm. 40 other clubs to gather mundane rubbish from and they can't even manage one snippet.

There are 10 "stories" there. 5 of them are the same story about Stokes. 2 of them are the same one about Foderingham.

They can't even be bothered to go and find more stories about the OF!

There are 10 "stories" there. 5 of them are the same story about Stokes. 2 of them are the same one about Foderingham.

They can't even be bothered to go and find more stories about the OF!

It's awful isn't it! I know it's only a gossip page but the fact is it exists and they just use it as another outlet for their Old Firm propaganda. Surprised they didn't include another earth shattering Barry Ferguson statement about Rangers as they're normally quite fond of those.

BBC excelled themselves with the Inverurie Locos v Annan Scottish Cup ties.

The first game the BBC report had Locos equalising in the last minute after a goalmouth scramble. In fact the Locos skipper Neil McLean scored an amazing solo goal straight from the kick off. They changed the report a few days later after the goal had become a big internet hit.

In the replay the report had "Andrew Forsyth smashed the crossbar late on for the hosts." Only two things wrong here as Gordon Forsyth hit the bar for the visitors.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34969826

Not Scottish football, but the daily record today has a story on man United, and the champions league. They go on to talk about malmo;

Absurd....they can't even cover Scottish football outwith Rangers and Celtic, but they can cover English and foreign football! No wonder our game is in such a state.

Sky sports news just previewed todays match between Dundee and Aberdeen at 2pm. FFS

Apart from everything else, surely the reporter reading it out would think "Wait a minute...no games kick off at 2pm on a Saturday".

Jeremy Vine's open letter to Jose Mourinho is beyond parody - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35129915

"And then something utterly unhinged happened. I had to explain to my young daughter why you had exploded at the popular team doctor (one of the most prominent women in the Premier League) and I could not give her a decent reason. You didn't just demote her and cause her to leave, you humiliated her. You should not have done it and I believe the players were also at a loss as they tried to explain it to their young daughters.

She was popular; they sided with her against you; you lost the dressing room. You caused the doctor to leave and the players sacked you. Do you understand that, Jose? You were fired by your own players. When you realise that is what has happened, I believe you will find the thought unbearable."