The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

Jeremy Vine's open letter to Jose Mourinho is beyond parody - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35129915

"And then something utterly unhinged happened. I had to explain to my young daughter why you had exploded at the popular team doctor (one of the most prominent women in the Premier League) and I could not give her a decent reason. You didn't just demote her and cause her to leave, you humiliated her. You should not have done it and I believe the players were also at a loss as they tried to explain it to their young daughters.

She was popular; they sided with her against you; you lost the dressing room. You caused the doctor to leave and the players sacked you. Do you understand that, Jose? You were fired by your own players. When you realise that is what has happened, I believe you will find the thought unbearable."

I actually think he's right on both counts there. I have no idea why he wasn't brought up on disrepute charges over that incident.

The hosts defended stoutly as County pressured near the end and credit must also be given to Sean Welsh. Yhe Jags defender, who has been blighted by injury over recent seasons, put in a heroic and tireless performance in midfield.

Jeremy Vine's open letter to Jose Mourinho is beyond parody - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35129915

"And then something utterly unhinged happened. I had to explain to my young daughter why you had exploded at the popular team doctor (one of the most prominent women in the Premier League) and I could not give her a decent reason. You didn't just demote her and cause her to leave, you humiliated her. You should not have done it and I believe the players were also at a loss as they tried to explain it to their young daughters.

She was popular; they sided with her against you; you lost the dressing room. You caused the doctor to leave and the players sacked you. Do you understand that, Jose? You were fired by your own players. When you realise that is what has happened, I believe you will find the thought unbearable."

Mentions in his letter that he has never met Mourinho and signs off with Yours Sincerely. Plum.

"And then something utterly unhinged happened. I had to explain to my young daughter why you had exploded at the popular team doctor (one of the most prominent women in the Premier League) and I could not give her a decent reason. You didn't just demote her and cause her to leave, you humiliated her. You should not have done it and I believe the players were also at a loss as they tried to explain it to their young daughters. [/size]

One of the most cringe worthy things I've read in quite a while:

"And work it did. Your intensity is incredible and I love the sense of danger you bring to every waking moment. You always reminded me of the most popular boy at school: people would do anything to be his friend, and your players would do anything to impress you."

What a complete fanny.

Wednesday 23 December 2015...a day that'll go down in the annuls of Scottish football history.

For the first time ever, today's BBC website has not one single mention of Rangers above the fold and in the extensive Gossip page the 2nd Division outfit only have one fleeting mention, as Hibs next opponents. No propaganda at all. Nothing from a former Celtic player that had one subby appearance in the 90's saying the title's can't be stripped. No mention of which biscuits the groundsman has with his morning tea. No unknown ex-youth player saying Scottish football needs them in the top league. Not even a Barry Ferguson quote. Totally astounding stuff.

This is obviously far from terrible journalism but an event rarer than Halley's Comet had to be recorded for future generations.

• 2 weeks later...

RED CARD Celtic 0-0 Motherwell

Celtic midfielder Nir Bitton is dismissed after picking up a second booking.

Share this post on

Celtic 0-0 Partick Thistle

Posted at16:26

Some Celtic fans unhappy as Tom Rogic is replaced by James Forrest. The home side have lacked a creative edge, but the Australian has certainly not been their poorest performer