The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

I think you're giving Brian McLauchlin far too much credit with that benefit of the doubt there.

I think you're right. In the match report, he seems to think we equalised against the run of play...despite having had the best of the second half to that point.

I've always had the impression that Brian McLaughlin is a Jambo in the way he talks/writes about Hearts. His writings about this game do little to alter that.

I'm going to go against the grain slightly and praise John Barnes for being one of the few to notice Ryan Stevenson's winner wasn't a free kick(our own Twitter got too excited over it!!)

That said,

Nice of Chick Young to read out three paragraphs of our matchday stats pack on Open All Mics and claim it as his own work.

I'm going to go against the grain slightly and praise John Barnes for being one of the few to notice Ryan Stevenson's winner wasn't a free kick(our own Twitter got too excited over it!!)

The Decent Journalism thread for this pish.

Sky Sports News just claimed that this weekend's tie between Inverness and Celtic will be a repeat of last season's Scottish Cup final.

Those Inverness fans had better not be in the box pulling doon Celtic players again.

Opened up the sports section of my paper today to be met by a massive piece about Arsenal beating Dinamo Zagreb.

A massive piece about Chelsea beating Maccabi Tel Aviv and 2 tiny pieces about the 2 Scottish games last night.

The back cover page also tells you the 2 scores from Arsenal and Chelsea but not the 2 Scottish scores.

To make matters worse their is an advert for what live English footy Sky has for you this weekend.

No mention of Inverness V Celtic.

I must've picked up the English version of the paper.

Hard to imagine their is any less Scottish football in the London version.

Edited by Gaz FFC