The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

47 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Mannus was ours, with Shinnie and Burns from Aberdeen. Bemusingly.

FWIW Mannus' hardest action was saving a back pass from Niall McGinn. Anyone who could watch that game and not realise Steven Anderson was by a distance our best player that day needs checking.

Haha, ridiculous. 

Mannus hardly had anything to do, Burns wasn't great at all and Shinnie whilst doing OK did nothing out the ordinary to warrant TOTW. 

18 hours ago, DC92 said:

There isn't a "rule". It seems Sinclair was registered in time because people at the SFA happened to be doing overtime, whereas Hearts were told the SFA wouldn't be able to able to process their signing after 5pm on Friday.

He doesn't say who told them that the deadline was on a Friday.  It's certainly the case that a Saturday was a normal working day for the SFA in 2013 (link) - I find it unlikely that this has changed in the last 3 years.  It sounds like Hearts didn't do their research properly and fucked up as a result.

Just now, craigkillie said:

He doesn't say who told them that the deadline was on a Friday.  It's certainly the case that a Saturday was a normal working day for the SFA in 2013 (link) - I find it unlikely that this has changed in the last 3 years.  It sounds like Hearts didn't do their research properly and fucked up as a result.

From stuff I've heard subsequently it does sound like someone at Hearts made a f**k-up.

I just found it funny that what was clearly a sarcastic comment was reported as an earnest admission of fault.

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The SFA has always been open on a Saturday morning i'm sure we have registered players on a Saturday morning in the past.

More pish in the Evening Times from Union Jack today. He wrings a whole article out of Waghorn's hamstring and Warburton's fear that it could have been worse than it is despite Warburton not yet knowing how bad it is. I'm reporting this, but I can't post a link because I've a self-declared dispute with the Herald and Times Group about something that I can't recall.

10 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

The SFA has always been open on a Saturday morning i'm sure we have registered players on a Saturday morning in the past.

It happens all the time in the lower levels - I was surprised Neilson thought it couldn't be done, unless they changed it to Friday recently then changed it back. In the Scottish Cup you used to be able to register players up to 12 noon on the Saturday but it's now any time up to kick-off IIRC: that factor was partly involved with 'Shire's ineligible keeper against Buckie.

2 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

It happens all the time in the lower levels - I was surprised Neilson thought it couldn't be done, unless they changed it to Friday recently then changed it back. In the Scottish Cup you used to be able to register players up to 12 noon on the Saturday but it's now any time up to kick-off IIRC: that factor was partly involved with 'Shire's ineligible keeper against Buckie.

Its all done on computer now anyway just need someone at the other end to clear it through the system they could sit in their house and do it. Not believing that a club never knew about it.

Just went on to the BBC website to double check our team that played on Saturday v Elgin.  Is this all we're going to get now?  A shitty league round up?  Let's do a minute by minute analysis of Joey Barton doing f**k all at Rangers and not give a shit about the other leagues.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36997971

Also just noticed that under Scottish League Two on their website that they have a match report of Rangers v Peterhead.  Could have sworn Peterhead were League One.  p***ks.

Edited by The Minertaur

Don't know if it was mentioned here before: but since the Lowland League campaign started a week past Saturday the BBC fixtures, league tables etc. were showing newly relegated East Stirlingshire as "East Stirlingshire Clydebank" - being the name of the club for a single season at Kilbowie over 50 years ago. They also got 7 of Saturday's 8 LL full-times wrong.

56 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Don't know if it was mentioned here before: but since the Lowland League campaign started a week past Saturday the BBC fixtures, league tables etc. were showing newly relegated East Stirlingshire as "East Stirlingshire Clydebank" - being the name of the club for a single season at Kilbowie over 50 years ago. They also got 7 of Saturday's 8 LL full-times wrong.

At least one of the Highland League scores was wrong too.

Naw, Craigan, there willnae be a FULL HOUSE at Cappielow for the Quarter Final.

No fucking way[emoji38]

Don't see a problem with someone on there being positive about a non OF related even if he's going over the top.

More should be just as enthusiastic.

10 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

Don't see a problem with someone on there being positive about a non OF related even if he's going over the top.

More should be just as enthusiastic.

He is just showing his ignorance, like most Media when it comes to any Club outside Sellik & Sevco.

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I could be wrong, but I reckon Stephen Craigan, who made about 400 appearances in Scottish football for two clubs which weren't Rangers or Celtic, might know a little bit about some other clubs in Scotland.

You only have to read or listen to player pundits in the Media to realise you are wrong. 

Does any of them know the SPFL ain't the Top League and is actually the 4 Divisions? 

Craigan says there will be near 12000 at a midweek league cup tie between Morton and Dundee United at Cappielow. 

FFS