The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

If he'd said "Rangers are a club that win with a nauseatingly false sense of superiority and lose in a  tsunami of comedy statements and salt tears - and we may as well keep doing that", it would at least have been truthful... 

The discussion on STV tonight is the national stadium debate. The main talking point being, “but what would old firm fans think of having the national stadium in Embra?!”

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41975072

After one match as caretaker of Scotland Under-21s, Lennon's next job was at Alloa Athletic and he led the Wasps to promotion to the Championship via the play-offs.

Danny Lennon became Alloa manager in April 2015, leaving in December 2015. Alloa were promoted to the Championship in 2012/13 and remained there until the end of the 2015/16 season, meaning Lennon obviously didn't win promotion with them.

They did finish 9th in 14/15 and avoid relegation by winning the playoffs, but this is clearly not the same thing as being promoted.

1 hour ago, nsr said:

I wondered if that might be some old codger stuck in the 1980s when Croatia was part of Yugoslavia and Russia was the greater USSR, but even then I don't think the two shared a border.

Nowhere near :lol: 

15 hours ago, smpar said:

The discussion on STV tonight is the national stadium debate. The main talking point being, “but what would old firm fans think of having the national stadium in Embra?!”

Scottish football in a nutshell.

3 hours ago, nsr said:

I wondered if that might be some old codger stuck in the 1980s when Croatia was part of Yugoslavia and Russia was the greater USSR, but even then I don't think the two shared a border.

2 hours ago, Swello said:

They's probably need to nip across 4 or 5 borders - even in Yugoslavia days, they were nowhere close :)

1 hour ago, Darren said:

Nowhere near :lol: 

Perhaps with Tito and Brezhnev.......

The Headline World Cup 'espionage': Former Celtic team-mates Tom Rogic and Emilio Izaguirre caught up in spying scandal

The reality: Honduras is accusing Australia of espionage, the involvement of Rogic and Izaguirre is that they happen to play for the teams.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/world-cup-espionage-former-celtic-11518478

3 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

The Headline World Cup 'espionage': Former Celtic team-mates Tom Rogic and Emilio Izaguirre caught up in spying scandal

The reality: Honduras is accusing Australia of espionage, the involvement of Rogic and Izaguirre is that they happen to play for the teams.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/world-cup-espionage-former-celtic-11518478

What an absolute non story, which I'm sure would have had exactly the same coverage had the players (and I use this particular word very loosely) 'involved' played for East Fife and Stenhousemuir in the past. 

Apparently, according to the Daily Record, a game a week for two months is "brutal".
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scottish-premiership-winners-face-brutal-11521292

Including the League cup and SPFL league fixtures, would there not be a run 8 games in 4 weeks if the league winners were to qualify?