The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

Got to say, I am really thankful to the shitty red tops for keeping me informed of the careers of Jota and Kent. Here I was, completely oblivious of their situation because after all they have f**k all to do with Scottish football now, yet thanks to really lazy journalists and the assumption that anything touching the OF is "newsworthy" I have been kept abreast of every single thing in their lives. From whether they got game time to how they spend their lives away from the club.

1 hour ago, Ric said:

Got to say, I am really thankful to the shitty red tops for keeping me informed of the careers of Jota and Kent. Here I was, completely oblivious of their situation because after all they have f**k all to do with Scottish football now, yet thanks to really lazy journalists and the assumption that anything touching the OF is "newsworthy" I have been kept abreast of every single thing in their lives. From whether they got game time to how they spend their lives away from the club.

Absolutely nothing compared to the obsession with "Ange". Like a jilted lover trying to win him back.

Used to be if you wanted the latest about Rangers' finances, you read a Celtic website. Now if you want the latest on Spurs, you read the Scottish papers.

2 hours ago, Ric said:

Don't forget Morelos. I'd not sleep at night if I didn't know his career was in danger/he was on the verge of leaving some South American club/his career is on the up/he's loving his time at some South American club.

10 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Didn't know where to put this, so here will do.

Boo fuckin' hoo.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67500713

Factually true, he’s just picking his context. 

Beneficiaries/victims of a system they’ve been more than active participants in for decades. Hopefully the realisation that they destroyed domestic football to pursue a closed shop that doesn’t want them will come home to roost soon. 

10 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Boo fuckin' hoo.

“There is a financial gap between ourselves and the major European clubs which is getting bigger. But we don't give up. We just have to be more consistent.”

But they continue to get beaten in Europe by teams with far lesser resources and finances. But that’s not the fault of ra Sellic.

That’s the fault of Scottish fitba.
Entitled glory hunting cnuts.

Consistent? Aye. Consistently shite.

12 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Boo fuckin' hoo.

These things always make me wonder about the people at the meeting and sitting listening. Does nobody consider it worth addressing the issue from both angles?

Of course Celtic are getting shafted by the bigger clubs in Europe. That's what the Champions League is for. Celtic are one of the interchangeable clubs who are supposed to turn up and provide tv content for the bigger clubs. They're not supposed to win, and they don't.

It's mad that Celtic can comment on this inequality without noting that it's part of a whole system where clubs like theirs are essentially bribed by the bigger clubs to accept the status quo with the bribe being they get enough money to utterly destroy their domestic league, which they accept without complaint.

Celtic's position would be credible and reasonable if they were raising it out of concern for the whole system. And I strongly believe that Celtic as a club would benefit from winning a bit less. Their fans would probably enjoy fitba more if they won a bit less as well. As it stands, really, what is the fucking point?

Does nobody in the Celtic support see this and is there really nobody at their AGM able to consider these angles? Just mad stuff.

Edited by VincentGuerin

On 22/11/2023 at 09:27, Ric said:

Irish man Neil Lennon might be a contender for the Ireland national team job.

All over the BBC Scotland page.

31 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

These things always make me wonder about the people at the meeting and sitting listening. Does nobody consider it worth addressing the issue from both angles?

Of course Celtic are getting shafted by the bigger clubs in Europe. That's what the Champions League is for. Celtic are one of the interchangeable clubs who are supposed to turn up and provide tv content for the bigger clubs. They're not supposed to win, and they don't.

It's mad that Celtic can comment on this equality without noting that it's part of a whole system where clubs like theirs are essentially bribed by the bigger clubs to accept the status quo with the bribe being they get enough money to utterly destroy their domestic league, which they accept without complaint.

Celtic's position would be credible and reasonable if they were raising it out of concern for the whole system. And I strongly believe that Celtic as a club would benefit from winning a bit less. Their fans would probably enjoy fitba more if they won a bit less as well. As it stands, really, what is the fucking point?

Does nobody in the Celtic support see this and is there really nobody at their AGM able to consider these angles? Just mad stuff.

Genuinely believe if you took the rangers dynamic out of the domestic scene they might see it, or more of them might. But as it is they seem totally oblivious. 

1 hour ago, Jacky1990 said:

Irish man Neil Lennon might be a contender for the Ireland national team job.

All over the BBC Scotland page.

You are not wrong, and it definitely goes along with my initial post, the only thing with Lennon is I'd say he's got decades worth of connection with Scottish Football whereas Jota, for example, was here for a couple of seasons, and choose to be a weak individual, f**k over human rights, and support religious hate all so he could get some extra cash. Why the f**k are we still reading shit about this piece of trash human being?

26 minutes ago, Ric said:

You are not wrong, and it definitely goes along with my initial post, the only thing with Lennon is I'd say he's got decades worth of connection with Scottish Football whereas Jota, for example, was here for a couple of seasons, and choose to be a weak individual, f**k over human rights, and support religious hate all so he could get some extra cash. Why the f**k are we still reading shit about this piece of trash human being?

Ooft a bit of a heads gone from nowhere here, bit ironic really...