The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

15 hours ago, Nizzy said:

To be fair he is eating for two

They could more or less get away with putting women's football on the front page during the summer when nothing else was happening. Now it just looks silly. They're desperately trying to pretend it's like Wimbledon where the women's singles holds a similar level of prestige to the men's.

2 hours ago, 7-2 said:

On this historic evening that has shaken world football, in BBCland there's naturally only one story in town...

Untitled.png.5f66db86428997023445721a4e434b09.png

They missed out kiernan leaving rangers?

"So what's next for the Premier League? Only allowing teams to wear black and white? Removing fans from a stadium for cheering on their team? Ridiculous!"

Whoever wrote that is either 11, or English is not their first language.

I'll go with 11.

20 minutes ago, deej said:

"So what's next for the Premier League? Only allowing teams to wear black and white? Removing fans from a stadium for cheering on their team? Ridiculous!"

I'll go with 11.

That's not even the most poorly written part.

"The latest set of Premier League rules has angered fans, patterned pitches will no longer be seen in the English first league."

"Fans who were looking forward to seeing what the pattern would be for the first Premier League game will now have to get excitement from something else, cheering on their team might win them round."

34 minutes ago, deej said:

I'll go with 11.

It could be an 11 year old whose first language isn't English.

12 hours ago, HaikuHibee said:

"The Lionesses"? Who calls their own teams' "Lions"? **** and c***s, that's who.

It's quite amazing they are using the feminine. I thought such stone age gender definition was disgusting, disgraceful, horrific sexism. I'm surprised nobody at the BBC or FA has been forced to resign over it.

Anyone watching "SPFL matters" on Sky? Kris Boyd and Kris Commons making Old Firm jibes at each other while talking about Celtic and Rangers. Horrendous viewing.

2 minutes ago, Tynieness said:

I would rather have ebola than watch that pair of wallopers.  Shy's coverage of SF is fucking atrocious.

Its embarrassing. The first five minutes was them standing in Celtics trophy room comparing how many trebles Celtic and Rangers have won.

They've moved onto Hearts, where Jamie Walker and Kyle Lafferty are the topics. I genuinely might ditch Sky based on this alone.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Its embarrassing. The first five minutes was them standing in Celtics trophy room comparing how many trebles Celtic and Rangers have won.
They've moved onto Hearts, where Jamie Walker and Kyle Lafferty are the topics. I genuinely might ditch Sky based on this alone.

Sky is a load of shite.

Anyway, do the antics of Boyd not irritate Kilmarnock fans? He's a pretty half arsed professional, although I suppose one half of his arse is a lot more than most athletes.

Just now, Malcolm Malcolm said:

Anyway, do the antics of Boyd not irritate Kilmarnock fans? 

Let it slip at the start the game hes most excited about this weekend is Motherwell v Rangers. Embarrassing for him to be saying that publicly.