The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

BBC last night tweeted a little clip of Chris Kane's winner, in a countdown to the new season.

a34e1bf4607493911737ce569986a753.jpg

I was struggling for ages then realised have we f**k made Europe 5 times in a row. [emoji23]

It's easy to forget given all our success really.

I predict future terrible journalism as Joey Barton joins talksport.  I know it's mostly a radio station dedicated to talking shite, I guess Joey will find a good home where his greatest skill will be appreciated

Edited by senorsoupe

2 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

I predict future terrible journalism as Joey Barton joins talksport.  I know it's mostly a radio station dedicated to talking shite, I guess Joey will find a good home where his greatest skill will be appreciated

Are you a talksport listener?

3 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

If they're consistent, the BBC Scotland website will continue to report everything "former Rangers player Joey Barton" says on TalkSport despite it being totally irrelevant to the Scottish game.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dundee-united-trawled-after-putting-10913515?1

Using a picture that seemingly has @alloaathleticfc twitter handle. Actually @aiioaathleticfc. Got the guy to change in within an hour but the Record rewards trademark infringement.

Does this qualify as bad journalism?

Edited by LeodhasXD

b6cba4cf59d26419a8aed671f1fabce2.jpg

The BBC really just don't care do they?

Paul Hartley still Dundee manager apparently and overtaking players are go-karting nonetheless. There's also a photo reaffirming this later down page.

No doubt they'll have the 'out of work manager' linked to the Hearts job in another article.

Good news, Kris Boyd has been given a column in The Sun to tell us how right he was all along about Cathro, and it contains this line:

But where are the Twitter apologists and website warriors now?

H8rs Gonna H8, 'Boydy'. 

The link is here if anyone's interested:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1362663/kris-boyd-ian-cathro-hearts/?utm_source=TWITTER&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=SprnklrSUNOrganic&UTMX=Editorial:scotsunsport:FBLink:Statement:Sport

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

Good news, Kris Boyd has been given a column in The Sun to tell us how right he was all along about Cathro, and it contains this line:
But where are the Twitter apologists and website warriors now?
H8rs Gonna H8, 'Boydy'. 
The link is here if anyone's interested:
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1362663/kris-boyd-ian-cathro-hearts/?utm_source=TWITTER&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=SprnklrSUNOrganic&UTMX=Editorial:scotsunsport:FBLink:Statement:Sport

If I go to the Saints game on Saturday I'll sing "there's only one Ian Cathro" at him for the full 90 minutes with a laptop printed on my top.

Dundee manager Paul Hartley displayed his competitive streak when he was overtaken by one of his players during a go-karting bonding session, reveals club captain Darren O'Dea.

"Arguably, he's the most competitive person I've come across," says O'Dea. "Paul McGowan came out of nowhere and won [the go-karting] but it was because the gaffer was miles ahead and trying to lap people." (Various)

Dear BBC, he hasn't been Dundee manager for nearly 4 months.