The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

On 25/09/2023 at 22:13, Ginaro said:

On this subject and terrible tweets rather than journalism, it's always funny when you see people saying that Rangers should've been made to start in the Lowland League - forgetting of course that it didn't exist at the time...

That's all the more reason, surely!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66979326

This Tom English article is a load of shite. I actually don’t mind him, usually (Hearts nonsense aside) but this properly reeks of being wise after the fact. I don’t remember anyone whatsoever in the media calling ‘Mick’ Beale out for being a colossal bullshitter at the time, and absolutely nobody was saying that his summer signings were all pish and a waste of money. To be fair, it was mostly Neil McCann that was his chief cheerleader, mind.  

4 minutes ago, Swami said:

This Tom English article is a load of shite. I actually don’t mind him, usually (Hearts nonsense aside) but this properly reeks of being wise after the fact. I don’t remember anyone whatsoever in the media calling ‘Mick’ Beale out for being a colossal bullshitter at the time, and absolutely nobody was saying that his summer signings were all pish and a waste of money. To be fair, it was mostly Neil McCann that was his chief cheerleader, mind.  

You've not listened to Kenny "Michael" Miller going on about him?

5 hours ago, Swami said:

To be fair to him, he was pretty sceptical at the time of Beale's appointment.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63784264

On 25/09/2023 at 22:13, Ginaro said:

On this subject and terrible tweets rather than journalism, it's always funny when you see people saying that Rangers should've been made to start in the Lowland League - forgetting of course that it didn't exist at the time...

Neither did liquidated Rangers, sounds like a match made in non existent heaven.

On 03/10/2023 at 14:19, Darren said:

To be fair to him, he was pretty sceptical at the time of Beale's appointment.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63784264

Fair enough. Maybe I’m just projecting my massive annoyance of seemingly every commentator or pundit constantly banging on about the quality of all of Michael Beale’s summer signings, like they’ve ever heard of a single one of them or done any research whatsoever. I’m sure Kenny Miller had a full knowledge of Danilo’s strengths and weaknesses and Neil McCann has kept full track of Dessers and Lammers’ careers to date. Either that or they’ve just assumed they’re great and ooze quality because they’ve been signed by the mighty Glasgow Rangers. 

Edited by Swami

1 minute ago, Oscar P said:

IMG_4154.jpeg

To be fair, it's tough to figure out which ground that is. If they'd had seats the same colour as their strip, or maybe the name of the team somewhere that might have helped. I'm just glad Dundee Utd have been promoted, and it's just as well their game v Ross County was off otherwise they'd have had to split their squad to send a team down to Stark's Park. Win-win really.

5 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Also an old photo.  Kilmac’s banners in the stand shown in photograph have been changed to the new sponsor as I understand it.

It's the photo Dundee used in their tweet announcing the postponement so I'm not sure that one is on the BBC.

5 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

@johnnydun  Apparently United was playing County across the road today.

I know, the media is absolutely terrible when covering the Scottish game. They don't even try. Why on earth would you even employ half of the people that work on BBC Scotland's Scottish Football website, that don't know the difference between Dundee & Dundee United.