The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

Hes probably on about the complete lack of coverage the BBC give Scottish football

I was in the car driving today, from 11.30 to 2.15 and then 4.45 to 7.15 and there was only 15 minutes of that whole journey that the BBC weren't talking about Scottish football, to be fair.

I was in the car driving today, from 11.30 to 2.15 and then 4.45 to 7.15 and there was only 15 minutes of that whole journey that the BBC weren't talking about Scottish football, to be fair.

On the world service?

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Yeah BBC Scotland...

According to Chick, Dundee were playing "a whole different ball game" against accies at the weekend.

To be fair that explains why they lost the last 6 - trying to play fucking hockey

I can remember when Remembrance Day was all about honoring those who never came back from the wars and not about football clubs.

Yep, it used to be a single day of reflection on the fact that young lives were lost in needless conflicts over the years, on both sides, might I add.

You didn't need to wear a poppy to respect that fact.

It is not and shouldn't be a celebration of all things British armed forces, it is far bigger than that.

"The Armed Forces were welcomed back to Ibrox on Saturday as Rangers marked Remembrance Day ahead of their Premiership fixture with Kilmarnock."

Bit early is it not......??  default_eusa_think.gif

"Not every club will go to the lengths that Rangers did at the weekend, but all clubs should mark Remembrance weekend."

Oh do f**k of you fuckin embarrassment of a 'journalist'   :lol:  High n mighty p***k that ye are  :finger:

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

The Armed Forces Day at Ibrox every season is cringey as f**k and is used for one-upmanship against their brothers across the city.

I made this very point on Twitter at the weekend and was getting all sorts of abuse from mutant bigots.

Which is nice.

Edited by Hammer Jag

Just now, Hammer Jag said:

I made this very point on Twitter at the weekend and was getting all sorts of abuse rom mutant bigots.

Which is nice.

It's the most blatant thing ever.  Rangers don't even try to hide the fact.

We all know the connection Rangers and their fans seem to have with the British Army and Celtic with the, well, Irish kinda one.

The Armed Forces Day at Ibrox every season is cringey as f**k and is used for one-upmanship against their brothers across the city.

Yep, its nothing more than a flag-waving, 'look how British we are' exercise.

As far as I'm aware they're the only club in Britain who have troops abseiling in etc.

Even clubs in cities with substantial amounts of military personnel based there (Portsmouth, Plymouth etc) barely pull out that stuff.

51 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

It's the most blatant thing ever.  Rangers don't even try to hide the fact.

We all know the connection Rangers and their fans seem to have with the British Army and Celtic with the, well, Irish kinda one.

Next you'll be telling me that the orange day a while back wasn't in support of all the Dutch players Rangers had at the time.