A good 2015-16?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. A season without flurting with relegation

2. Good quality football played on the deck.... no hoof ball

3. Vast improvement in fitness levels and commitment.

Bonus

1. A decent cup run or two

2. Boydie to score 15+ goals

3. Some of the youngsters to finally come good.

Ohhh..... and elbows never to be required or considered for the first team ;-)

Prety much this. But to just not have to dread a Saturday for the first time in two years would be nice.

Think it would be great if the Dons made it to the group stages. Are you guys not playing tonight?

Working in Aberdeen at the moment so may even pop down to O'Neills afterwards to watch it... Maybe.

We have to play 5 games still before the group stages, it's unlikely but possible. There will be likely some morons thinking it will be a piece of piss because they've not heard of a lot of these teams but it's huge task.

In fairness, you'd hope you get to the playoff round, but some of the teams you can draw at that point are just ridiculous.

They should go back to straight knockouts tbh. The novelty of the group stages would probably wear off pretty quickly once it f**ks up your domestic season along with the pumpings that would likely be dished out.

They should go back to straight knockouts tbh. The novelty of the group stages would probably wear off pretty quickly once it f**ks up your domestic season along with the pumpings that would likely be dished out.

It's actually a valid point and it has crossed my mind. Not the part about the pumpings but the impact it would have domestically.

Our squad would not be big enough for us not to suffer domestically and I think there is a real desire from the support to kick on and try and better what we did last season.

But then who knows what benefit we'd see from the finances of group stages. Personally I'd always choose success on the pitch over success in the bank account.

Probably this. Even the likes of Everton have suffered with the schedule, and their squad is relatively large compared to Aberdeens.

A Play-Off match against Dortmund is still the best potential outcome from this years Europa League IMO

The Europa League is pish,let's no beat around the bush. Chock full of utter diddy teams no one has heard of and interminable in length. An excuse for one or two trips abroad but as a football tournament, due for the bin.

Agree on the length of it but the rest is pish. I'll-informed English football attitude thinking its a tournament full of no marks

Agree on the length of it but the rest is pish. I'll-informed English football attitude thinking its a tournament full of no marks

I've been watching European football for decades. There are teams playing tonight who I've never heard of before this season. The early rounds are filler and they should be paring it right down.

I've been watching European football for decades. There are teams playing tonight who I've never heard of before this season. The early rounds are filler and they should be paring it right down.

Would you say that about hearts should they ever qualify? Because someone in Iceland/Armenia/Macedonia/x other European

Country would.

I'd say exactly the same if we were in it. The massive expansion of European competition and huge number of new leagues has led to far too many teams being involved, many of whom are utter shite.

Playing the Runners up from the Montenegran cup in July is a waste of time in footballing terms.

The CL has ruined the Europa league, and a return to straight knock out would improve it immensely.

You are correct in some respects but I'd rather see us play a few competitive games against foreign sides instead of mind-numbing "glamour" friendlies etc. To say it's a waste of time is nonsense.

Fair point about friendlies. I'm no saying European football is a waste of time, just that the current tournament is a bloated mess. I still want us to qualify. At least regionalise the early rounds or something.

Fair point about friendlies. I'm no saying European football is a waste of time, just that the current tournament is a bloated mess. I still want us to qualify. At least regionalise the early rounds or something.

That I agree with

Archived