James McClean

I'd certainly hope you would, otherwise you'd be an utter simpleton getting wound up by a piece of music. As I've said elsewhere, McLean has turned his back as he's trying to make a point (IMO) what that point is, I've no fucking idea considering his taxes go to the upkeep of the Army and the Queen. If he was that upset/angry, he'd just fuckoff abroad, but he's not. He's an attention seeking ring piece.

Wait, are you suggesting we should support things just becouse we pay for them in tax?

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone watch the footage?

It doesn't seem like he knew it was away to happen, he turns in that direction but then slowly turns back, sort of seemed like he was wondering what to do in his head. It didn't seem like an attention seeking thing at all.

His feelings are clearly genuine. It's not as if he's constantly going on about it or anything, when it's being forced on him he just doesn't want to take part, which is fair enough.

ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1427761954.573069.jpg

See Deeboy's post - It certainly doesn't bother him that all his taxes go toward the upkeep of the Royals and the British Army!

It bothers me, and I stay here. Clearly just being smart and living there for the money he can make. Doesn't mean he supports it.

That's a fair point and possibly bang on Lichtie pal. I like how you can post an alternate viewpoint without being a f**king bellend too ;)

However I'm pretty confident McLean's agent could've easily engineered a move abroad for similar if not more money, and almost certainly less tax if he truly was being smart with his earnings and felt genuinely aggrieved with Britain.

The more people living here who have no respect for the royals, their army and that "anthem" the better.

Top boy.

ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1427761954.573069.jpg

See Deeboy's post - It certainly doesn't bother him that his taxes help toward the upkeep of the Royals and the British Army.

Yes because everyone currently paying tax in the UK is an avid supporter of government policy and if you don't like it you should piss off someplace else. That's a bit totalitarian IMO. Why should he sacrifice earning as much as he can in a short space of time as well as the difficulties of moving even further from home in a foreign country because a pretty small percentage goes to the Army?

Of course patriots who respect anthems like Wayne Rooney, David Beckham and various other proud Britsh sportsmen and football clubs contribute fully towards 'our boys' through taxation and would never use tax loopholes and havens would they?

I'd certainly hope you would, otherwise you'd be an utter simpleton getting wound up by a piece of music. As I've said elsewhere, McLean has turned his back as he's trying to make a point (IMO) what that point is, I've no fucking idea considering his taxes go to the upkeep of the Army and the Queen. If he was that upset/angry, he'd just fuckoff abroad, but he's not. He's an attention seeking ring piece.

What a ridiculous post :lol:

So everyone that doesn't support the Queen or the Army should f**k off abroad? :lol:

McLean is a British citizen and is entitled to work and earn here the same way you or I are. He's also more than entitled to have the view he does.

That's a fair point and possibly bang on Lichtie pal. I like how you can post an alternate viewpoint without being a f**king bellend too ;)

However I'm pretty confident McLean's agent could've easily engineered a move abroad for similar if not more money, and almost certainly less tax if he truly was being smart with his earnings and felt genuinely aggrieved with Britain.

He's rank rotten, so no chance that he'd earn anywhere close to what he does outwith the Premier League.

So everyone that doesn't support the Queen or the Army should f**k off abroad? :lol:

McLean is a British citizen and is entitled to work and earn here the same way you or I are. He's also more than entitled to have the view he does.

He's rank rotten, so no chance that he'd earn anywhere close to what he does outwith the Premier League.

I don't think he'd take too kindly to you calling him that....

I don't particularly care for being called that either, but it's accurate.

Would be equally as accurate calling him an Irish citizen though. Quite a strange rule they've got in N.I.

Suppose we would've had the same option if we had voted yes. Shame.

IMO the sensible thing to do in this particular instance is just not to sing GSTQ, then it might not come across as blatantly disrespectful to the country which has given him the opportunity to live a privelaged life and become very wealthy. It avoids the risk of possibly offending some supporters of the club who pay his wages too.

So again, you have to respect the country in which you live? He hasn't broken any laws as far as I'm aware.

And it wasn't the country that gave him the opportunity to live a privileged life, it was his (albeit limited) footballing ability that did that.

Could he not have turned to face the front like the rest of the team that clearly from some body language couldnt give a f**k either. I don't care about his views and I dont care about his background (he's hardly the only no 'Brit' in that side) but I can help but think this is attention seeking pish.

Average player at best and lucky to be playing in the EPL next season. Got folk talking about him though.

Where have I said that?

The whole 'poppy' thang and now this is supposedly because the British Army killed members of his family. Yet he's so incensed about it, rather than make a very decent living abroad and not have to face any of the stuff he's so 'against' he stays here and pays into the Queen and Army.

If he wants to stand and make a political and or religious statement, he'll also have to take both the backlash and potential consequences. In a day and age where the two are trying to move on and build relationships doing what he done in such a public eye, is plainly fucking stupid. He could quite easily have Puncheoned it and sat in the toilet.

Archived