James McClean

The latest 'victim' of a Twitter storm today after he refused to face the English flag during GSTQ at one of West Brom's friendly games.

flag.jpg

I say good on him for having the courage of his beliefs, but some of the reactions on Twitter and other forms of social media have been hilarious/mental.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. James McLean.....An average (at best) footballer who's only famous for his antics! If You Love Your Land So Much Why Dont You Go Home!

2. lTIFKHda_normal.jpegEF1paz1c_normal.jpegafc760830b72b3f3e2713d3c14d675f4_normal.H2yNN4po_normal.jpg-ysdEm-i_normal.jpg7EQR81-Y_normal.jpgRrShseU-_normal.jpgHhFqRUX3_normal.jpgSgRmQqHB_normal.jpg

4:36 am - 19 Jul 2015 · Details

Retweet

Favourite

More

@BluesBrothers9 @rangerstilidiex See in the bygone days fuckers like this would have been hanged. about time we started doing it again.

Quite entitled to do this if it's against his belief system, just as he's quite entitled to not wear a poppy if he doesn't want to, for whatever reason he has.

Still amazes me the hysterical reactions in England that maybe not everyone likes their country.

Despite being a pretty shit football he's certainly growing on me.

Going to stick him in my fantasy team for support.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=284983

:bairn

This guys behaviour is disgusting but equally disgusting is that the English allow him to get away with it. He's not showing respect for his Irish heritage he's pishing all over ours . He may be trying for hero status from the paddys but he may get a fat lip one night and he'll not get much sympathy from me or any other Brit he's shat on.
:lol:

Why was GSTQ being played anyway?

James McLean seems like a total c**t but if that's what he wants to do then upto him.

They're on tour in the US and they play the US national anthem before just about anything over there, I guess they just play the anthem of whoever team they're playing's country aswell if they have foreign opposition.

Archived