Summer football?

Troon Portland

To be fair it is already the case. The three lower leagues finish by the end of April yet the Juniors play into mid June.

True. I wonder then if it's a case of engaging with 'general' football fans if you will and capitalising on that wee spell when the competition of SPFL football disappears. I guess it's generally trying to raise the profile of the junior game.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True. I wonder then if it's a case of engaging with 'general' football fans if you will and capitalising on that wee spell when the competition of SPFL football disappears. I guess it's generally trying to raise the profile of the junior game.

Of course, that is the real opportunity for junior clubs.

1. SPFL is total dross. Have you watched games in the Premiership? Hamilton away to Kilmarnock. Give me an episode of River City any day. Never actually watched it but it must be better. Not to mention the lower leagues.Berwick v Montrose anyone? Thought not!

By Easter most season ticket holders have given up with SPFL games.

I see today Celtic and Rangers are talking about a larger Premiership league by rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic. Bribe the teams from the lower leagues. Change but no change. Still awful. If you don't believe me, ask Gordon Strachan.

2. We talk about change of season around the needs of current junior supporters. The old, the infirm and the socially needy. There is a potential supporter base way beyond those current usual suspects. The more we discuss the needs of the current lot (most of whom get in as concessions) the more we miss the point.

3. Many go to SPFL games as there is no real alternative. It is not only poor quality, it is boring. Could the junior game be the better option? If you want silky skills watch Champions League on TV, or get a cheap flight to Munich or Dortmund. (cheaper match tickets by the way). For entertainment, try the junior game. Start a change of season for the juniors around Easter as the SPFL season ticket holders have had enough.

As Rangers and Celtic 'own' the mainstream media, any group wanting to challenge that needs to organise their own media. Can be done.

Summer football - end of season.

1. Hold the final of the Junior Cup in mid October. (Just plan ahead to achieve this)

2. Make sure every club in every league still has say 6 games to play by end of season in November. No club finishing their league campaign ahead of others.

3. In early October produce a schedule of matches from mid October to end of the league season.

Supporters can see which games will be significant for promotion and relegation in all leagues.

Clocks change at end of October, so midweek games before then are an option.

Midweek games arent possible after the end of august,and what happens 2 ur final 6 league games when they r postponed due 2 bad weather as has just happened

Not possible after end of August? How no?. Is that to do with bowling season finals, some trades doon the water event, or that most supporters get fitted for their new zimmer frames in September?

How many?

lots,including the 2nd round of the scottish,but the point is that if u schedule the last 6wks of the season for the final league games what do u do if they r cancelled for any reason-when woule u play them?

Every club has different issues to deal with.

Every club has to tackle these with whatever resources it has, be that two men and a dog and nae cash or 20 of a committee and loads of lolly.

There are numerous things which would have to be taken into account in considering any possible change of the playing season.

We all just go round and round and round in circles trying to justify our own personal opinions and prejudices by focusing on just one or two issues and dressing these up as insurmountable problems rather than trying to try identify all of the issues and making a proper attempt to see if there is a way of resolving these in the best interests of all clubs.

We need to find a way to try to identify all the issues and then look at whatever solutions might help resolve these.

We need to talk about this like adults - everything should be on the table. Nae sacred cows.

If you were starting the whole thing over again would you 'design' what we have today or would you 'design' something better.

We virtually invented the concept of communication with the bicycle, steamships, steam engines, the telephone, television, faxes, the internet and a million other things and arguably we also invented the game we all love.

Surely we can do better than this.

Surely we can have a serious 'adult' look at our game and debate its future with open minds rather than fixed positions and make decisions for the future based on proper information and facts rather that burying our heads.

Two clubs in abeyance already this season

- will your club be next or are you 'all right Jock'.

Are you sure!!!!!!

12 Junior Cup ties postponed on 24/10. A few lower league games off that day also. But from early Nov postponements have been pretty consistent on the badly-maintained lower league pitches.

now that u have ur specific answer,can i get mine-where do u fit in the postponed league matches before the end of the season

Archived