Falkirk v Shire

How was Smith tonight? Could not make it as I could not raise the motivation

Still feel he doesnt do it when in the starting 11, better as an impact sub and tonite hasnt changed my mind

Pps can we appeal that booking for Vaulks? Completely farcical

5-0 up and he kicks the ball to the opposite side of the park, he gave the ref no choice

Twas better than Saturday, still some doubts tho in the midfield area.

Sibbs was invisible, Smith seems to do better when coming on, Vaulks was ok but Id rather have him back in defence and Alston for me was the pick of the midfield tonight. McHugh and Baird have a decent look about them but can only be as good as the service that they get. The defence was a lot more gelled than Saturday leaving just the midfield balance no doing it for me....

Still in the next round of the cup......881 fans...... I was 81 oot

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard to gauge where we are at after tonight's game, however, we can only beat what's in front of us I suppose. Front two where lively and it's always good to see strikers off the mark early

Still think we're lacking a different creative option in the final third, which will take the pressure off the likes of Sibbald and Alston at times.

Out with the game and a serious question...why was there police horses at tonight's game and I seriously hope that the club wasn't required to pay extra for this total farce

The home side are responsible for all police and stewarding costs. The brown one was a bonny horse mind you

How was Smith tonight? Could not make it as I could not raise the motivation

It is like having a new player. He was excellent. However he is one of those players who will have a few poor games mixed in with the good ones. He doesn't have a lot of credit in the bank with the supporters so we get stick when the poor performances happen, and they will.

Still feel he doesnt do it when in the starting 11, better as an impact sub and tonite hasnt changed my mind

5-0 up and he kicks the ball to the opposite side of the park, he gave the ref no choice

Twas better than Saturday, still some doubts tho in the midfield area.

Sibbs was invisible, Smith seems to do better when coming on, Vaulks was ok but Id rather have him back in defence and Alston for me was the pick of the midfield tonight. McHugh and Baird have a decent look about them but can only be as good as the service that they get. The defence was a lot more gelled than Saturday leaving just the midfield balance no doing it for me....

Still in the next round of the cup......881 fans...... I was 81 oot

You were not at the same game as me

It was 5 going on 10. Only bad luck and poor composure kept the scoreline down.

From our starting X1 the only disappointment was Sibbald for me. His first half was better than his 2nd but anonymous for most of the game.

I thought the defence looked solid and the keeper was composed and his distribution looks good. Muirheads goal was a cracker.

Alston was great last night, Vaulks did a lot of good stuff and Smith is like a new signing. He'll blow hot and cold but on his day can be a real asset.

McHugh & Baird linked really well and I wouldn't be surprised if they both hit 20+ goals each in all competitions.

Good game I thought and I notice Houstie saying on ffctv post match that 1 or 2 new players could be in place for Greenock next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

I thought we played well last night, I'm surprised at some of the negative comments as a whole.

Front two looked lively, keeper dealt with everything well & the defence I thought looked better.

I actually thought their keeper was ok as well!

Was I at the same match...come to think about it the ground looked different!

You were not at the same game as me

If Smith was excellent tonight....God help us.....

The midfield last night will need to raise their game against better opposition, we were handed this win easily in the second half, myself and many around us had many attacks of yawning in the first half

Absolute disgrace last night. We've got players who make basic mistakes and have done for about 10 years now. Leak goals like the Titanic leaks water and we rely on the 1 person to get goals. All bar the 2 play-off seasons it's rinse and repeat.

It was just a glorified training session for Falkirk. Falkirk never really had to play like a Championship club as we were so generous at the back. It's actually a bit embarrassing that Arbroath went to Tynecastle and gave Hearts a game. Also, last w/e East Fife went to Falkirk and gave them a game. All that happened was that full time Championship level fitness, and skill to a certain extent, showed in the end. We turned up and got rolled over.

We have friends coming from Suffolk next w/e so I may miss the league opener at home to East Fife. Doubt I'll miss much.

I may have wasted £12 but at least I got home in time for a take-out pizza and the Last Leg on Ch4+1. So at least my night ended well :)

Clyde pay around £2,000 to £2,500 a game at Broadwood including stewarding costs. Stewarding levels would probably have been the same for one stand open but add on the Police costs and thats what it likely to have cost Falkirk.

Im sure you would have got a good few grand for hosting Rod Stewart though. Whether clubs should be allowed to move games so they can rent out their stadiums is a whole different argument. In my eyes its the same as Celtic postponing a game to play a money making friendly.

You'll always get police horses at a derby Friday night game tbf. I do wonder how much this whole episode has cost the club though. Probably thousands more than anything they would have made from the concert.

tumblr_m3mxrbrpz11r7s0c0.gif

I'm taking about the cost of renting the stadium for an evening, the reduced income from tickets on the gate, hospitality, 50/50s, prgrammes etc.

Oh, and then you have the pissed off fans that have been hauled to Cumbernauld on a Friday night.

I do agree it is actually pretty bad not being able to play at your own stadium on a Saturday because you have some other kind of money spinning event on.

The financial outcome of these concert events will surprise a lot of people, if recent ones have anything to go by. A don't see Tam Jones changing that either.

With regards to the police horses last night. If it's true we have to foot the bill for this unnecessary nonsense, then I hope the club challenge it.

Police have been taking the pish out of football for years.

From crazy segregation ideas to having hundreds of them for games where even fans don't want to be there.

I've also seen the Police cause trouble at a game with over the score nonsense.

The police aren't needed at 99% of football matches in this country and I welcome Partick Thistles stance with no Police at most games

The financial outcome of these concert events will surprise a lot of people, if recent ones have anything to go by. A don't see Tam Jones changing that either.

What were the individual profit/loss figures for the last few concerts?

What were the individual profit/loss figures for the last few concerts?

Over the three previous years I believe we have broadly broken even. A lot of effort for cock all

With regards to the police horses last night. If it's true we have to foot the bill for this unnecessary nonsense, then I hope the club challenge it.

I reckon last night probably cost the club 10k+ or so in lost revenue in terms of hospitality and so few going to Cumbernauld and incremental costs including training elsewhere all week.

I hope we never take the chance again we have to move a game for this nonsense.

If Smith was excellent tonight....God help us.....

The midfield last night will need to raise their game against better opposition, we were handed this win easily in the second half, myself and many around us had many attacks of yawning in the first half

You are the only person I have hears criticising his performance. I have not been a fan but last night he did well.

Archived