Charlie Adam

Tends to avoid indicating at roundabouts, but on the whole a nice lad. Doesn't give two shits about Rangers after he left, which is hardly surprising given he was written off by their fans.

Folks of p&b, can anyone help settle an argument between me and my mate(a fellow p&ber) what's everybody's opinion of Charlie Adam?

Whoever said that the opinion of Charlie Adam would vary, they've won the argument.

Decent EPL player who's found his level at Stoke.

Can't see him ever doing a regular job for Scotland or playing for a Champions League level side again.

I actually rate him. Chips in with a few goals and is an honest pro who will give you 110%. Stoke is a very good level for him and will finish career off in the prem while making a fair few quid alao.

Plus he shafted rangers and is a massive dee fan. What a lad.

Great left peg. Can't run. Average EPL midtable midfielder.

Id say he is better than average. Id say he was a good and very able mid table prem player. Certainly better than average if you were to ask any stoke fan.

He'll have six months of being unplayable, then eighteen of being a fat, useless waste of time.

Goal scoring midfielder, underrated player. His first season with Blackpool was terrific, he really earned his POTY nomination, when was the last Scottish player before him to get one?

People don't like his style or appearance (okay that one is understandable) but I hope he gets the chance and enjoy the same renaissance with Scotland that Maloney (once derided now celebrated) has got,

Agree he's found his level with Stoke, an upgrade but nevertheless a Tom Huddlestone type player in midfield. You can't have too many of them and his positioning/mobility has prevented him from going and succeeding at a higher level.

Some people (including you or your mate) think he's absolutely terrible which is just bizarre given what he's achieved in his career. These are the same people who come out with Iniesta is rubbish because his goals / assists stats aren't very good. The worst type of dogmatic football fan.

I actually rate him as a player. His vision is excellent, can pick a pass and has great delivery. It's his defensive side that lets him down in my eyes. Like many have said, he's found his level at Stoke.

Hopefully he finishes his career at Dens.

Archived