andriod boxes / Kodi

Has anyone ever tried a custom OS on a firstick? Everything is very cluttered with Amazon crap and just poorly designed.

From a very quick Google it seems possible to get the Lineage variant of Android TV with a bit of jiggery pokery.

11 minutes ago, charger29 said:

Has anyone ever tried a custom OS on a firstick? Everything is very cluttered with Amazon crap and just poorly designed.

From a very quick Google it seems possible to get the Lineage variant of Android TV with a bit of jiggery pokery.

Why not just buy an android box? 

4 hours ago, charger29 said:

TechDoctorUK has this custom launcher tutorial if that's what you're after....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av59SI901Xc

Do android boxes have remotes and are they decent?  

My IPTV is run through an app on my phone, I loaded an 'external player' in (web video caster) and it casts to the same app on the TV through that.  It's perfectly fine but I guess it's a clunky way to do things.  I wont buy a firestick as I think they are boaby. 

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Do android boxes have remotes and are they decent?  

My IPTV is run through an app on my phone, I loaded an 'external player' in (web video caster) and it casts to the same app on the TV through that.  It's perfectly fine but I guess it's a clunky way to do things.  I wont buy a firestick as I think they are boaby. 

Yes, they come with remotes. There are some really good ones and some rubbish ones! 

Edited by Homer Thompson

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...