NFL Betting 2015/16

lichtie23

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meant to say I backed the Patriots to go 16-0 a couple of weeks back (yuck), wasn't sure whether I'd just be better backing them every week and rolling it over. Think the games at Denver and Jets are the only ones they could lose.

Just had my first lumpy ante-post bet for the season 500 on the Broncos to finish with the most regular season sacks at 16/1. When I compiled it I had it at just a shade over 9/2.

Half way point of the season and 3 clear just now. Can't complain with the value. I just recompiled and have it priced a shade over Evens right now.

I think the Vikings are really good value today at 2.4 in Oakland. I'd have it just about evenly split, possibly with the Raiders 1.9 at the shortest.

The Raiders have played well in recent weeks but haven't faced a defense this good since the Broncos game; one in which our offense was just about completely shut down. There are also a couple of key injuries to Rodney Hudson and Neiron Ball. Hudson holds the OL together and the lack of Ball means Curtis Lofton will see a lot of game time and he's dreadful. Dreadful is also a pretty apt description for the Raiders D in general right now, so even if Carr and co. can score a lot, it'll still be close I imagine.

The one thing making me sceptical here is that the Vikings do have a terrible record out on the west coast, but they're 6-2, playing smart football and are generally just more consistent.

I'll be perfectly happy to be proven wrong and lose this bet, though...

Archived