East Fife v Lanarkshires Finest League Cup second round

And just so the Motherwell fans don't feel left out and can connect with their players, here you go...

_85188983_austin.jpg

It's the same view of Fash that your defence had of him for the majority of the evening!!! ;)

You lost, btw? HTH.

Clarkson offered nothing. Johnson offered nothing. Law failed to make a tackle the whole time he was on the pitch. Ripley can't kick worth a f**k.

Picking Taylor over Leitch is a nonsense. Thomas suddenly looks a bit broader and stronger.

Winning counts, the rest...less so.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You lost, btw? HTH.

Winning counts, the rest...less so.

Whether my Team won or lost tonight, I can feel good about myself and my Team thanks,because of their performance. That is what is important!!!

You find that you have peace of mind and can enjoy yourself, get more sleep, and rest when you know that it was a one hundred percent effort that you gave - win or lose!!!

Hope your lads are sleeping soundly!!! ;)

Tactical masterclass from barraclough, waiting til East Fife were tired before attacking.

Seriously though, East Fife were ahead in quality and desire for most of that match and could easily have beaten us. The whole Motherwell team were poor. It got a bit better with Thomas, then Mcdonald coming on. By the end East Fife were knackered though and we managed to get the equaliser, then another couple in ET.

It's alarming the ease which they glided through our defense and midfield at times, doesn't bode well for the rest of the season. The fullbacks are awful and it makes the centre backs, who are already struggling, a lot more uncertain and the midfield just aren't cutting it. Will be glad when Pearson returns, we miss him a lot.

Got through in the end tho which is all that matters. Hard luck to East Fife, probably deserved more from that.

That's the first league cup game we've won in 4 years...East Fife must be really shit!

Kidding, I was very impressed. We only won that because EF were dead on their feet once we got into extra time. Very very lucky.

Just relieved to get through. Credit to East Fife though - they will feel somewhat aggrieved at losing out. For most of the match they bullied and dominated us especially in midfield. After 5 minutes it became crystal clear that we had erred by starting with Johnson as opposed to Thomas. East Fife defended in depth and broke well. Fast wingers are of limited use in that scenario. Trickery was what was required. Once we are a goal or two up thats when our wingers come into their own. The service they received from central midfield was shocking. Central midfield were bullied by their opponents and we lacked creativity.

My MOTM has to be Louis Moult who put in a great shift, often having to forage on his own.

Impressed by East Fife's Austin.

A competitive but clean game but I felt the referee was pernickety and a tad inconsistent.

Good luck to East Fife. What took the shine off the game for me was the lack of a power station - the turbines just aren't the same.

If that is the the wee ginger guy that was banging the bins and chucking them onto the park then hopefully the polis can get him on cctv for hitting the EF fans. An absolute spunkrag of the highest.

We've taken fliers on worse players than that number 9, the rage he brought out in Laing in the first half when he done him inside out twice was tremendous. 50k should do it?

If that is the the wee ginger guy that was banging the bins and chucking them onto the park then hopefully the polis can get him on cctv for hitting the EF fans. An absolute spunkrag of the highest.

We've taken fliers on worse players than that number 9, the rage he brought out in Laing in the first half when he done him inside out twice was tremendous. 50k should do it?

Aye thats exactly who it was.

A fantastic night at Bayview (bar the final result)

Thought we more than held our own and hopefully the few extra who came down last night start to come more often. It's a team worth watching this season with players comfortable on the ball. Play like this every week and I'm sure we won't be playing in League 2 next year.

Class from the Well fans clapping Fash off, he's really upped his game since the turn of the year and according to twitter is interesting Hibs, Dundee and St Mirren. Naysmith will do well to keep him for the full season on his current form.

Best of luck in the next round

Get lost, we've only got 3 forwards as it is 8)

Motherwell got the highlights up already, its an amazing piece of editing, Well created all the chances & were on top for most the game by the looks of it!

Parallel universe time I think!

To be fair we had a shot cleared off the line and your keeper made 2 good saves. That's all I remember from the first 9i0 mins though. I don't remember Ripley making many saves either. Not a huge amount of chances in the game full stop.

Archived