Qos v Morton

QosLoyal

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely fucking dreadful yet again this Tuesday. For me personally this one stings as it's a far more important cup. I have no issue being beaten by a team head and shoulders above us, I don't even mind getting beat by a team do nothing all game but take their chances*, but a defeat I can't stomach is one in which there is no effort from our team. The latter is what happened tonight and if the players were to disagree then they really need to have a look at themselves. I didn't think we looked like scoring tonight other than from a set-piece and as it turned out that was indeed our only real chance. Was it over the line btw? Couldn't tell from where I was. It would have been daylight robbery had we scored anyway. Morton were hungry tonight and defended very well. Their goal was very well taken and I applauded it myself. A thoroughly deserved win and I wish them luck in the next round.

As for us, if certain players think they can put in many more shifts like that in the near future then the middle of October league table will make for some poor reading :angry:

* I'm not saying that's how Morton won, it was just to make the point.

Well we could not possibly have come closer to snatching a draw there, without actually doing so. Taking that to extra time would not have been deserved though. We created virtually nothing all evening, while Morton forced a couple of chances and scored a good goal.

Bit of a pisser all round really. We've had decent draws in both Cups and been found wanting in both too. Disappointing stuff.

Off to cheer myself up by laughing at Celtic.

Not a regular goalscorer, but at 28/1 I've stuck a fiver on Lewis Kidd to get the opening goal tonight :D

He should have done so too, but was hopeless tonight.

That chance he skied in the opening moments was the best one we had until the very closing ones.

Morton's defence is gash.

Crock Denny Jhonstone early and it will be a cake walk.

5-0

greggy.png

Not a great draw but could have been worse against a team where we have a good record against and are managed by a simpleton.

Like winning the league at Forfar, it's almost becoming essential to beat Morton in the cup to go on a decent cup run.

greggy.png

I for one am shocked to discover that a side whose attacking threat revolves around sand-dancers and Morton rejects like Derek Lyle and Iain Russell, could be found wanting in front of goal.

Very underwhelming performance, one that I think highlights the importance of having someone mobile like Kyle Jacobs in the team. The starting central midfield 3 of Kyle the Hutt, Millar and Conroy were not at it at all with Millar especially disappointing for me as he is capable of much better. I felt the wing backs were too cautious and we lacked width. The goal came from Dowie messing up a header and Forbes couldn't have hit the shot any better.

Morton were a lot better than I expected they had a lot of energy and pressed queens very well. Barr put it a lot of good balls that the forwards miss hit. I don't know if they can play like that with McDonald and Tidser but they should be a lot better than dross like Alloa and Livi.

Archived