Pish Adverts

I just saw two on the telly at my gym. One for something called smart insurance where the guy picks up the phone and arranges life insurance there and then - would anyone actually do that? Then one for "ancestry DNA." You can send them a sample of your saliva and they'll tell you if you're related to Genghis Khan etc. How sinister is that?

I just saw two on the telly at my gym. One for something called smart insurance where the guy picks up the phone and arranges life insurance there and then - would anyone actually do that? Then one for "ancestry DNA." You can send them a sample of your saliva and they'll tell you if you're related to Genghis Khan etc. How sinister is that?

Wouldn't fancy being the poor sod opening up the envelopes full of 'genetic material '......

2 hours ago, Bold Rover said:

Then one for "ancestry DNA." You can send them a sample of your saliva and they'll tell you if you're related to Genghis Khan etc. How sinister is that?

Out of curiosity I looked at their website. It costs eighty quid!

3 hours ago, TheLip69 said:

I tweeted a comment saying "Shpock was what the Vulcan would have been called if Sean Connery had played Captain Kirk" They tweeted back to say it meant SHop in your POCKet.

With that kind of defence, they'll be selling tickets to the trademark infringement case.

Cn5y9gNUIAEmfaD.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I get the impression I'm missing the point of these Marks & Spencer ads with Santa's wife. Why are people writing to her in the first place? Has Santa dingied their request because they're on the naughty list or something?  :huh:

All seems a bit passive-aggressive for Mrs Claus to be undermining the old man's work IMO.