Pish Adverts

On ‎16‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 13:34, Joe Terrapin said:

The Quorn advert where the olympian footballer or hockey player announces at the end 'better than me Dads'. 

The worst part about this one is the way she holds her fork. Her arm is at angle which no arm has ever been at when its owner is eating.

On 15/03/2017 at 15:06, WaffenThinMint said:

Those Quik Quid adverts - the one where the shower isn't working & she tells her son "Ok, you'll have to smell today, but I'll get the repair man out" or whatever. So the boiler is on the blink as well & there's no hot water? Nor any electricity to boil a kettle? Or a gas ring to at least warm a pan of water to use for washing in the bathroom sink? Or failing all that, you are physically incapable of washing with water from the cold taps and manning the f**k up? Fucking modern parents producing a nation of mollycoddled thundercunts.

Watch it again. He's getting the blame for breaking it, possibly by using the pilot light to smack up his mollies, as I believe the young people say. His mother's passive-aggressively telling him to go to school unwashed as punishment, as evidenced by the shocked look on his face. She's a modern-day hero, fighting the good fight against the bane of society - youngsters.

Either that, or she's a moron who pays credit rates exponentially higher than the most expensive credit cards, and thinks their boiler is the magic source of all water. My version's more likely, surely.

All of those loan company adverts but especially those aimed at people who've already been turned down. There's presumably a very good reason why that has happened but these sharks don't care. They'll happily remove your wife's fingernails if you dare to default on the repayments. And even worse, the ones that ask for a guarantor. "You'll repay if they don't." WTF?

On 18/03/2017 at 23:11, Miguel Sanchez said:

The worst part about this one is the way she holds her fork. Her arm is at angle which no arm has ever been at when its owner is eating.

Not noticed the fork hold, hope to never see it again. What bothers me is we have no barometer on how good a cook her dad is. He may struggle to boil an egg yet she is trying to make us eat vegetable matter engineered to look and taste like meat on the understanding that it tastes better than her dads.

Vanquis Credit Card (a credit card for foolish folk with shite credit ratings who can't get credit anywhere else; yes, I had one once) ad with the Geordie knight. Truly awful.

"Ah took...60 seconds!"

The Vodafone advert where the guy is trying to book tickets for his daughter's birthday.  Phones as soon as tickets go on sale and then holds the line the whole day until he is napping at night.  Has he never heard of the internet? 

Vanquis Credit Card (a credit card for foolish folk with shite credit ratings who can't get credit anywhere else; yes, I had one once) ad with the Geordie knight. Truly awful.
"Ah took...60 seconds!"

Possibly the worst advert with the worst acting I have ever seen.

On ‎26‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 21:17, The Minertaur said:

Nationwide. Just watched an advert of a girl giving a mum a mother's day poem on behalf of her son. Lasted 2 long minutes. Awful

Nationwide's latest fad of overly earnest, heartfelt poems by wallopers is possibly the worst bank advert going. Worse than the Lloyds TSB cartoons with the whistling, worse than the Halifax destroying your favourite childhood cartoons. Appalling.

My current bugbear is the Go Compare one in the plane. FANTASTIC SKIP! ENERGY! They've managed to make a Go Compare advert with a character who's more annoying than the Go Compare man. I'd be impressed if I wasn't so enraged.

52 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Nationwide's latest fad of overly earnest, heartfelt poems by wallopers is possibly the worst bank advert going. Worse than the Lloyds TSB cartoons with the whistling, worse than the Halifax destroying your favourite childhood cartoons. Appalling.

My current bugbear is the Go Compare one in the plane. FANTASTIC SKIP! ENERGY! They've managed to make a Go Compare advert with a character who's more annoying than the Go Compare man. I'd be impressed if I wasn't so enraged.

Not as annoying as the "FANTASTIC" cabbie.

The one where the woman phones her dad to tell him she's expecting triplets, but he doesn't give a toss because he's managed to get a cheap car hire. Also one along the same lines where the woman is joining one of those religious cults.