Inside out

nelsjfc

Anybody else with kids been "dragged" to see it?

One of pixars best so far. Thought its maybe a bit complex for really young kids, but my 6 year old seemed to enjoy it.

Guest bernardblack

Really clever film. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Also, wasn't my choice so I get next pick at the cinema.

Win. WIn.

Up there as one of the best. Loads of genuine laugh out loud moments. For my this is why Pixar are brilliant at what they do. A the make films that kids love that also have a different message for adults. Toy Story 3 the perfect example of it.

Great film

Thought it was excellent and thought it was actually aimed more at adults. I laughed way more than my 8 year old nephew :lol:

This was my problem. Can't imagine taking the wee ones in the family to it.

It's all very well having a film like this speak to the adults, but it needs to entertain children more importantly and I don't think it's funny enough to really do that.

I mean, folk seem to be loving it anyway, but I wouldn't say it's an especially entertaining film for kids

Really.

What makes it so?

Well, and I'm only going by the trailer here, it looked very much to me as though someone took the concept of The Numbskulls, then focus-grouped it extensively, with the word "sassy" coming up regularly, so that they could make a movie that told the audience, particularly teenage girls, that it was "okay to have feelings".

For my this is why Pixar are brilliant at what they do. A the make films that kids love that also have a different message for adults.

But what was the storyline that children would have understood? In stuff like Toy Story, there's a very simple storyline which children will understand whilst, thematically, there are also things which adults will appreciate on a deeper level.

In Inside Out, the storyline itself is hugely complex for children. Are they really going to understand what these little 'emotion' characters are trying to do or how they are remotely connected to the story of the little girl? I don't know. I'm sure that children would just enjoy it as a colourful wee spectacle though.

Not saying that I didn't enjoy the film. I thought it was excellent.

The storyline for kids was similar in both Toy Story and Inside Out IMO. In Toy Story they are trying to get back to Andy. In Inside Out they are trying to get back to the wee lassie. It's more complex yes, but kids watching it will understand the wee dudes need to get back to the wee lassie; and that's all they really need to be aware of.

Being a clueless kid were great days :(

Well, and I'm only going by the trailer here, it looked very much to me as though someone took the concept of The Numbskulls, then focus-grouped it extensively, with the word "sassy" coming up regularly, so that they could make a movie that told the audience, particularly teenage girls, that it was "okay to have feelings".

This.

&

It's just a middle class American candy stick view of the world or utter bollocks as I see it. Thank f**k I didn't pay to see this.

Grimbo

Archived