Weekend Bets 7th-9th

mattydfc

First proper weekend of real competitive British football, thanks the fucking lord. Anyone got any tips on who's looking good, who's looking shite and what sort of players teams are missing?

I've stuck £12.50 on a 6 fold that'll keep me occupied.

Berwick

Dundee

Crystal Palace

QoS

Dunfermlin

Hull

Returns £1110.34

Going to start studying my stuff tomorrow, but first games of the season are dodgy, but fun.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Scottish lower league has generous odds this weekend. Clyde, Ayr, Dunfermline, Falkirk and East Fife all look worth a punt to me although all playing away from home which would explain their generous prices.

I like some aways in England this weekend.

Wigan away to Coventry

Derby away to Bolton

Palace away to Norwich

Don't normally do this sort of bet on opening day because the home support will be really up for it as they will be thinking of getting their season of to a flyer.

The Scottish lower league has generous odds this weekend. Clyde, Ayr, Dunfermline, Falkirk and East Fife all look worth a punt to me although all playing away from home which would explain their generous prices.

Falkirk have a pretty poor record on the opening day, even though they're playing Morton they may be worth avoiding. Agree with you on the others though.

Placed my fiver on the Celtic game tonight and got a free £2 for the machine betting terminal in ladbrokes, shoved it on

Clyde

East Fife

Dunfermline

Ayr

Derby

Dundee v Hearts BTTS

Returns £175

Four singles jumped out to me, I've backed them all early as I can't see any of these prices being available by Saturday.

Ayr away to Albion Rovers at 6/5 - Ayr fans generally tend to get carried away but signing the best players from other teams in your league is generally a good tactic. They looked impressive in the highlights of their win on Saturday whilst Albion got horsed at Raith. Ayr also beat Albion 3-1 in the Challenge Cup. I would be surprised if the Rovers were whipping boys this season.

Dunfermline away to Brechin at 13/10 - With a proper manager Dunfermline should do well this season, there's plenty players capable of scoring goals at that level and they took Cowden apart at the weekend as well as hammering Arbroath the week before. Brechin have started very poorly under Dods, getting horsed at Peterhead and taking a beating from Ayr at the weekend where they barely registered a shot on goal.

East Fife away to East Stirlingshire at 6/5 - I was hugely impressed by East Fife against us a couple of weeks ago and they were unlucky not to take us to extra time. They were well organised and I liked the look of Austin up front. Following that up by knocking a strong Dumbarton team out of the League Cup was even more impressive. I missed our game against the Shire on Friday but by all accounts it was a stroll. Given the levels that's maybe not a surprise but in comparison to East Fife they looked far worse by all accounts.

Annan away to Queens Park at 13/5 - Annan have beaten Airdrie 3-1 and they were a bawhair away from beating Queen of the South last week before losing after ET. That's two fantastic results, albeit at home. I've seen QP twice this season already and they were poor both times, losing a friendly 3-1 to BSC of the Lowland League and losing 2-0 to Forfar at the weekend. Both those games were at home (Lesser Hampden for the first). Forfar are a league above but 13/5 looks mental for Annan, I can't believe they're not priced about 8/5 or 7/4.

The first three teams I reckon will all go off about evens or slightly odds on.

Stakes split across the singles so that 2 wins = small profit of about 20%, 3 wins = profit of about 90%.

Thought Rangers at 4/6 was a decent price.

To be honest the rest were picked out either due to decent value or Stenny having a horrific trip north to Peterhead.

I'll give it a few weeks before I look to invest a little more.

Four singles jumped out to me, I've backed them all early as I can't see any of these prices being available by Saturday.

Ayr away to Albion Rovers at 6/5 - Ayr fans generally tend to get carried away but signing the best players from other teams in your league is generally a good tactic. They looked impressive in the highlights of their win on Saturday whilst Albion got horsed at Raith. Ayr also beat Albion 3-1 in the Challenge Cup. I would be surprised if the Rovers were whipping boys this season.

Dunfermline away to Brechin at 13/10 - With a proper manager Dunfermline should do well this season, there's plenty players capable of scoring goals at that level and they took Cowden apart at the weekend as well as hammering Arbroath the week before. Brechin have started very poorly under Dods, getting horsed at Peterhead and taking a beating from Ayr at the weekend where they barely registered a shot on goal.

East Fife away to East Stirlingshire at 6/5 - I was hugely impressed by East Fife against us a couple of weeks ago and they were unlucky not to take us to extra time. They were well organised and I liked the look of Austin up front. Following that up by knocking a strong Dumbarton team out of the League Cup was even more impressive. I missed our game against the Shire on Friday but by all accounts it was a stroll. Given the levels that's maybe not a surprise but in comparison to East Fife they looked far worse by all accounts.

Annan away to Queens Park at 13/5 - Annan have beaten Airdrie 3-1 and they were a bawhair away from beating Queen of the South last week before losing after ET. That's two fantastic results, albeit at home. I've seen QP twice this season already and they were poor both times, losing a friendly 3-1 to BSC of the Lowland League and losing 2-0 to Forfar at the weekend. Both those games were at home (Lesser Hampden for the first). Forfar are a league above but 13/5 looks mental for Annan, I can't believe they're not priced about 8/5 or 7/4.

Stakes split across the singles so that 2 wins = small profit of about 20%, 3 wins = profit of about 90%.

Got these on as doubles, trebles and a fourfold. Put Dundee is as well for a fivefold.

Good post.

Done a large double of Ayr and Dunfermline. Can't believe I got just over 4/1 for the two. Normally I would just do a single but I find it very hard to split them! Ayr have players suspended but it won't make any difference. Our best defender didn't play last Saturday, but will come back in this weekend. Both will kick off at odds on imo.

Well I'm convinced, we're all going to be rich. Added St Johnstone who really should have beaten Hearts against an Inverness side in disarray through injuries and seemingly little action in the transfer window at 17/10.

5er

Dumbarton v HIBS

Brechin v DUNFERMLINE

East Stirling v EAST FIFE

QOTS v Alloa

Albion v AYR UNITED

£3

MOTHERWELL v United

Morton v FALKIRK

BERWICK v Montrose

ARBROATH v Elgin

Dundee v HEARTS

PETERHEAD v Stenhousemuir

£2

Queens Park v Annan draw

Stirling v Clyde draw

Cowdenbeath v Stranraer draw

St Johnstone v ICT draw

Worth checking out what odds you can get on Saint Johnstone to beat ICT. We're missing a number of first team players (about six or seven players out), will likely be playing midfielders in defence and look utterly incapable of scoring a goal right now.

Worth checking out what odds you can get on Saint Johnstone to beat ICT. We're missing a number of first team players (about six or seven players out), will likely be playing midfielders in defence and look utterly incapable of scoring a goal right now.

I got 17/10.

Archived