St. Mirren vs Dumbarton

Might as well get this started as I'm sure most Saints fans have had their fill of attempting to engage the zombies in conversation.

Interesting week ahead for Saints. The possibility of two new players being signed by the time Saturday rolls around is a very real one and there's still a buzz of optimism about this season.

Dumbarton had a great result yesterday and will be on a real high. They looked like they've actually improved in close season despite most people's assertions that they'd be doing well to consolidate and not go backwards.

Should be a good game, we haven't met the Sons on league duty for about 18 years now and I expect it to be a hard fought afternoon.

Despite the fact he had a shocker on Friday, I see thommo starting again, though if this is the case, someone has to be pushed further up the park to partner him. Whether that's Gallagher or possibly Shankland time will tell.

I'm going to go for a hard fought 2-1 for the Saints here in a match that will look throughout like it could go either way.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3-0 Dumbarton, league wrapped up by Xmas.

Can't wait for this game after yesterday and it'll be my first time at St Mirren Park, what's the parking like?

£4 for the official Car Park.

A bargain.

Welcome.

I imagine we'll start with the same side that played yesterday but I'm interested to see how Murray sets up against us. I often wondered if he just sat off teams when he was with us as we were always underdogs and expected to have less of the ball, he set Saints up the same way against Rangers which is maybe understable but I wonder if he'll take that approach when Saints will be expected to dominate the game. I don't expect us to stand off anything though, we'll be fighting for every ball.

Our boys should be absolutely flying and I can't wait to watch us again. If Saints have a buzz about them then we're one big massive vibrator stuck in the "ON" position.

High scoring draw for this one.2-2. Muzz will think he'll know Dumbarton inside out but with virtually a new starting line up we may well surprise him.

Hopefully I'll make it over and the mrs can f**k off to braehead or something for the afternoon. Never been to the new ground although I have played on the 3g next to it. Looks fairly decent.

Can't wait for this.

We were excellent yesterday and well worth the win, there's no reason why we can't take something from this. Murray was at our game yesterday so he'll know what to expect.

From what I've heard Murray wasn't hugely respectful to our board when he departed so I'd love to win this as a 'get it right up ye!'. I'll be getting the train through, any recommendations on where's best for a pint pre-match?

Really really looking forward to this.

Made all the more interesting with the Murray connection and Dumbarton's fantastic result yesterday.

Still impossible to know how our season is going to pan out after our two games against the opposite ends of the difficulty scale - home to a 4th tier side, then away to the second best financed team in the country in a very hostile (in all senses) environment.

Would be ridiculous to say this is a 'must win' game at this time of the season, but ....

Whilst not wishing to get carried away, yesterday's performance surpassed anything under Ian Murray. Aitken is an impudent, gallus wee guy and he's signed a team to reflect that.

Looking forward to a good game at St Mirren......

FYI There's also plenty of free parking in the surrounding streets.

For my information?

I dinnae need any more information.

I happily paid for my official car park season ticket.

Was only giving the Dumbarton fan a safe and secure place to park.

Thanks.

£4 to park? £1 at sons and you get a 50/50 ticket, great football promotion st.mirren

It's not compulsory or a competition.

Park at the Sons Stadium and fucking walk it.

FFS

£4 is a rip off when there is plenty of streets around the stadium to park but to away fans who don't know the area it could be handy.

I have parked on the surrounding streets most home games since the stadium has opened and have only ever seen 1 car vandalised.

Murray street seems to be the most popular. Not sure of the street names near St James train station but away fans park there a lot. Plenty of street parking available.

Archived