Falkirk v Raith

away and lie in your pish

For a club of your supposed size, 400 away from home on your 1st away trip following an opening day rout is pretty poor.

Pre match I said to my mate, I'd be disappointed with anything less than 750 from Kirkcaldy. Had it been, the crowd would have been well over 4000.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For a club of your supposed size, 400 away from home on your 1st away trip following an opening day rout is pretty poor.

Pre match I said to my mate, I'd be disappointed with anything less than 750 from Kirkcaldy. Had it been, the crowd would have been well over 4000.

Is that the only thing you've got going for you nowadays? Its every Falkirk thread, there is some mention of crowd sizes.

I highly doubt you'll bring 750 fans to Starks in a few months when you visit us..

It's about 30% of our core home gate.

That same logic would see Falkirk bring over 1000 to Starks, which I think I've seen once in about 15 years.

Is that the only thing you've got going for you nowadays? Its every Falkirk thread, there is some mention of crowd sizes.

I highly doubt you'll bring 750 fans to Starks in a few months when you visit us..

It does get mentioned all the time. I don't think it's something to get bothered about. There's a million and one reasons for crowds to vary.

A lot of people are still on summer holidays and considering it was £18 for an adult on top of travel, food and drink costs I'm sure plenty people have decided just to pick and choose away games this season and go to as many home games as they can. Also you've got abit of a cheek moaning at the away support, can't remember the last time I seen a big travelling support from your lot at Starks.

Fairer result ?

If Raith had scored winning 1-0 with 10 men, could I play this fairer result card.

I think not, you get what you put in and yer man Kyle cost you a point, latterly ur defending of the goal but first point of blame is Kyle.

I dunno about Raith but we had Duffie, McCracken and Muirhead out with Taiwo not fully fit and a minimum of three players to come in before transfer deadline from Saturday's team. This will strengthen us number wise and should improve us. I'm guessing that's Raith's budget done till perhaps January ?

We were still looking to bring in a striker when our best player Vaughan got injured. This leaves us with only 2 strikers and with 2 currently on trial I wouldn't be surprised if we sign both of them.

Add to that we've just signed Davidson who's had no pre-season then we're probably in the same position as yourselves.

I don't think there'll be much between us by the end of the season and both clubs realistically have to be aiming for the top 4. Hibs and Rangers will be the top 2 but beneath that is completely up for grabs.

I think Falkirk were the better team on Saturday but there was barely anything in it at all. Raith played on the break while we tried to advance down the wings and we cancelled each other out.

I'd be surprised if there were more than 2 places between the teams at the end of the year. (Although it's a 10 team league so that statement doesn't mean too much)

Our supporters moan at paying £18 at home so what chance of we of getting them to pay it for away games.

It's the same faces we are seeing at every or majority of away games now, money is definatly the first thing people look at for away games then they pick and choose what away games to go to.. But the hardcore few hundred will travel to every away game possible.

But pricing has and always will ruin away support now.i don't blame raith I don't blame Falkirk, it's the way Scottish football is right now.

We would normally take to 16 seaters to New Brockville but due to holidays,work and folk being skint we took 1 bus with 11 on it.There is more going to stenny and so far theres 20 going to hibs on the buses so getting back to normal travelling support wise.Regarding the game itself rovers played ok and deserved at least a point and we cant keep missing chances.I would be tempted to give megginson a run up front alongside stewart as he has potential to be a prolific striker just my opinion though.

Worth noting, Falkirk are the team we've played most consistently since 2009/2010 season when we were promoted (and they were relegated) into the league. We're two distinctly average teams (albeit, they've been better at being distinctly average, producing a ridiculous number of young, talented players while playing attacking football). There is absolutely nothing about Falkirk away in August which screams out to people when the fixtures are released.

I'd rather we took the time to see how we can improve the numbers at Stark's. With time, hopefully McKinnon's side get a reputation for playing quick, attacking football on the deck and people start coming back. Sadly, I think it's a difficult task for any team at our level given the over-availability of football on sky and bt sports.

From the Falkirk perspective, 3,700 is higher than some of the attendances so far for the likes of Caley, St Johnstone, Partick and Accies in the top flight. To pull in such numbers despite being out of the top flight must be encouraging. Sadly the public of Kirkcaldy don't have the same enthusiasm for games at home for ourselves.

Worth noting, Falkirk are the team we've played most consistently since 2009/2010 season when we were promoted (and they were relegated) into the league. We're two distinctly average teams (albeit, they've been better at being distinctly average, producing a ridiculous number of young, talented players while playing attacking football). There is absolutely nothing about Falkirk away in August which screams out to people when the fixtures are released.

I'd rather we took the time to see how we can improve the numbers at Stark's. With time, hopefully McKinnon's side get a reputation for playing quick, attacking football on the deck and people start coming back. Sadly, I think it's a difficult task for any team at our level given the over-availability of football on sky and bt sports.

From the Falkirk perspective, 3,700 is higher than some of the attendances so far for the likes of Caley, St Johnstone, Partick and Accies in the top flight. To pull in such numbers despite being out of the top flight must be encouraging. Sadly the public of Kirkcaldy don't have the same enthusiasm for games at home for ourselves.

You're correct at how well our numbers have held up considering the spectacular meh we have been served up 4 seasons on the trot now (5 including our relegation season). I'd say our home gate will be higher than two thirds of the Premiership this season, unfortunately that all counts for the square route of Jack come May.

Archived