Livingston V QoS

Looking forward to this. Bad start for livi yesterday so expecting a tricky tie as its their opening home game of the season.Hopefully hilson will be back in the team,is millar still suspended? Beany and jacobs will be well up for this too. Will say 2-1 south beany and conroy with the goals.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd take draws in the next 2. A very tough run of fixtures coming up for us now, why winning yesterday was important

I wouldnt. Sevco and st mirren after these two games. Nothing to fear, although im not saying for one minute the game on saturday wont be tough. But would be looking for three points as im sure livi will be too.

Away win. I won't be at the game which is unfortunate to an extent as Iain Russell always gets a good round of applause at Almondvale, he was a terrific player for us and one of my all time favourites. I cba watching him run rings round our backline and score 2 goals before half-time.

Iain Russell has to start up front.

Agreed.

The only change I would make would be Millar back in for Pickard (assuming Millar is free of suspension).

We could have a decent bench with the likes of Tapping, Hilson Pickard and Smith good options.

Fully expecting a tough game at livi as always.

Iain Russell hat-trick, one of them will 100%, definitely, no doubt about it, will be a penalty.

I Don't think Russell would be anywhere near the pens for us to be honest. Conroy, Jacobs and possibly Lyle would be a head of him

I Don't think Russell would be anywhere near the pens for us to be honest. Conroy, Jacobs and possibly Lyle would be a head of him

I dont think he would be that far away from them. He was our designated taker for most of last season and took (and scored) one at Tynecastle. He also took and scored one at St Johnstone in pre season. Lyle took over the job when Russell was out of the side at the back end of last season though and apparently still has it. Russell said in post match press yesterday that Lyle is on penalties if we get one.

We are well off for potential takers though. Conroy, Millar and Jacobs were all designated penalty takers at previous clubs with Conroy seemingly considered a particular expert at them so there is no shortage of candidates and it hopefully bodes well if any of the cup ties go to penalties. Pickard is the usual penalty taker for the 20's too.

Any stats for number of penalties won by Russell SD? Despite being told often enough by opposition fans that it is a regular ocurrance I can't think of too many occasions it's happened.

We have done this before. I think in competitive terms its one. At Cowdenbeath last season. Lyle scored it to complete his hat trick although at the time Russell was the designated taker.

He won one at St Johnstone pre season this year.

Archived