Livingston V QoS

What happened in the other two away games?

McIntyre was in charge for the other 2 away games. A win and a defeat.

This all started with Flash bemoaning Fowler's apparent fondness for an away draw.

I wasn't bemoaning anything. Only pointing out Fowler's away record to those expecting 3 points on Saturday, particularly in relation to claims that we should be beating the bottom teams when we only did it once in 4 attempts last season. Would also point out that we got a draw and a defeat at Livi last season, albeit the second one was with a weakened team. I'm just not sure where the confidence of a win comes from when it didn't happen all that often last season and this season we started off with a draw over 90 minutes at Annan, where we conceded 3 goals.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McIntyre was in charge for the other 2 away games. A win and a defeat.

I wasn't bemoaning anything. Only pointing out Fowler's away record to those expecting 3 points on Saturday, particularly in relation to claims that we should be beating the bottom teams when we only did it once in 4 attempts last season. Would also point out that we got a draw and a defeat at Livi last season, albeit the second one was with a weakened team. I'm just not sure where the confidence of a win comes from when it didn't happen all that often last season and this season we started off with a draw over 90 minutes at Annan, where we conceded 3 goals.

Ah right, got you. I was thinking of the season as opposed to Fowler's tenure, which you did admittedly stipulate.

Sorry if you weren't bemoaning anything. I trust you'll forgive me for using your evidence to do some bemoaning of my own.

Ah right, got you. I was thinking of the season as opposed to Fowler's tenure, which you did admittedly stipulate.

Sorry if you weren't bemoaning anything. I trust you'll forgive me for using your evidence to do some bemoaning of my own.

No worries. Bemoan away.

Most likely outcome of an away league game under Fowler is a draw - 50%. Then a defeat - 31.25%. Then a win - 18.75%.

The AS open to both sets of fans this Sat, interesting entertainment with the Bull simulator, think i'll just watch any gallus takers for that one. Good deal for a meal and a pint though.FC_Almondvale_image_v1.jpg

Macho males full of drink trying to ride a bull, it's gonna be interesting!

Good on Livi though for trying something different.

Pre-season optimism is all gone after the disgraceful display against Raith. Would be over the moon with 0-0 this Saturday.

Realistically speaking, a draw is the best result to hope for. That being said, not sure if I would rate QoS higher than the Rovers right now.

Realistically speaking, a draw is the best result to hope for. That being said, not sure if I would rate QoS higher than the Rovers right now.

I think ourselves, Raith and Falkirk will probably make up the spine on the league 4th,5th and 6th. I couldn't begin to guess at who will occupy the positions. Think St Mirren will take third quite comfortably in the end.

Based on the second part of last season, Queens should do us 6-0 on Saturday. Hope they're still rusty too. They certainly won't be doing us any favours like they did the last day of last season.

I think ourselves, Raith and Falkirk will probably make up the spine on the league 4th,5th and 6th. I couldn't begin to guess at who will occupy the positions. Think St Mirren will take third quite comfortably in the end.

Raith were no great shakes against us, the score line flattered them, they usually start well and finish badly so I still think we can finish above them. Once Buchanan start finding the net we'll be fine...............................I hope.

Gallagher played CB at the weekend alongside Sives and Cole played RB, I'd much rather see depending on availability Millen going back into right back and Cole stepping into midfield as we looked very lightweight in the middle.

If Millen isn't fit I'd be happy with Gallacher RB as IMO he played ok there v Clyde and I'd bring Neill in to partner Sives at CB.

Didn't think Gallagher's deliveries were that good from the right, 2nd half when we went with a back 3 Cole was going down the left and Gallagher down the right, Sives was more sticking to centre. Would rather have Gallagher playing CB and Neill partnering him with Cole CM.

We have done this before. I think in competitive terms its one. At Cowdenbeath last season. Lyle scored it to complete his hat trick although at the time Russell was the designated taker.

He won one at St Johnstone pre season this year.

So, it happens all the time then ?

the score line flattered them,.

Yer erse, could and should have been about 5-0.

Sorry to invade your thread Queens fans but Livi are pish and if QOS finish any of their chances that come their way they should have the 3 points wrapped up by half time.

Yer erse, could and should have been about 5-0.

Sorry to invade your thread Queens fans but Livi are pish and if QOS finish any of their chances that come their way they should have the 3 points wrapped up by half time.

The stats say raith had 5 shots on target the entire match. One was a penalty. To suggest they should have won 5-0 sums up the delusion in Kirkcaldy.

Could've been 5 to Livi right enough, 2 cracked off the bar and Mullen, White and Buchanan all missed good chances. Like I said 3-0 flattered them, got a lucky first against the run of play with the ball deflecting off White and right to Stewart, controversial penalty, and ET 3rd with us chasing the game. Wouldn't read anything into that result going into this game.

It certainly seems a lot of conclusions are being jumped to in that post considering we're only one game into the season.

We struggled against Livi last season with what you'd imagine was a better team. You'd imagine Livi have improved from a team that needed a penalty against us to survive on the last day.

It certainly seems a lot of conclusions are being jumped to in that post considering we're only one game into the season.

We struggled against Livi last season with what you'd imagine was a better team. You'd imagine Livi have improved from a team that needed a penalty against us to survive on the last day.

I think we will be better in time but at the moment we're all over the place with injuries and suspensions at the back so good time to play us

Archived