Most emotional film

maicoman

Nine pages and no mention of Schindlers List?

The scene where Oscar breaks down at not being able to save more Jews had the eyes swelling, the real life Schindler children (in colour now) putting a stone on his grave in Mount Zion and the camera pans to the massive line of people waiting to do so, fucking destroyed me that.

Nine pages and no mention of Schindlers List?

The scene where Oscar breaks down at not being able to save more Jews had the eyes swelling, the real life Schindler children (in colour now) putting a stone on his grave in Mount Zion and the camera pans to the massive line of people waiting to do so, fucking destroyed me that.

I'll third Up*, second the furnace in Toy Story 3 and add in Schindler's List.

*Edit: apparently I'm fourthing Up.

First page dude!

I agree. That's the scene that does it for me. So many lives saved because of the man yet he didn't feel he did enough. Heartbreaking.

28 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Michael Caine's Alfred raising a glass to Christian Bale's Batman at the end of one of those Dark Night movies that they both did.

Gary Oldman's Jack Gordon realising Batman's true identity (spoilers) in the same film.

Brilliantly done.

Jim Gordon, not Jack.

Michael Caine's Alfred raising a glass to Christian Bale's Batman at the end of one of those Dark Night movies that they both did.

Gary Oldman's Jack Gordon realising Batman's true identity (spoilers) in the same film.

Brilliantly done.

Rises.

7 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Fear not PA, it would appear Rugster is getting Batman way more wrong than you B)

The only passable Batman escapade is the original with Michael Keaton and Jack Nicholson. The rest are shite.

7 minutes ago, Rugster said:

The only passable Batman escapade is the original with Michael Keaton and Jack Nicholson. The rest are shite.

How can you not like this clip of Batman and Robin breaking into Ibrox?

4 minutes ago, GordonD said:

How can you not like this clip of Batman and Robin breaking into Ibrox?

I should have qualified that by saying the only passable escapade of the re-booted big budget movies. Not the Adam West stuff.

3 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I should have qualified that by saying the only passable escapade of the re-booted big budget movies. Not the Adam West stuff.

The DVD of the film is worth getting. There's a commentary by Adam West and Burt Ward and unlike when they were playing the parts they do not take anything seriously.

Utter nonsense. Not only is The Dark Knight the best Batman film, it's one of the best films of that decade.

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Utter nonsense. Not only is The Dark Knight the best Batman film, it's one of the best films of that decade.

Away and don't talk shite. Sleep deprivation has addled your brain.

Chris Nolan's Batman trilogy is largely enjoyable but pretty flawed.

Batman Begins is probably the most satisfying of the three movies but it lacks a good villain to carry the piece (Ra's al Ghul is the most convincing of bad guys and the Scarecrow's threat never really seems all that palpable); The Dark Knight is tremendous in parts, mostly through Heath Slater's Joker, but it's let down by being overlong and its unsatisfactory ending - the Joker is, quite literally, left hanging, while the most important moment is played out by a cast of extras on two ferryboats; and The Dark Knight Rises has its moments but it's very schlock-y and suffers from major plot holes, terrible characters (John Blake) and a woefully anticlimactic final confrontation with Bane. The final few scenes wrap everything up far too neatly too. Given what preceded it, I don't know how anyone can really feel moved by it.