Most emotional film

maicoman

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Found it difficult to deal with the ending of All Quiet on the Western Front the first time I watched it as a teenager, because it's quite sneaky killing off the character that's been doing the narration, but have to agree that The Killing Fields is tough to beat on this. The bit with people getting killed with plastic bags was what pushed me over the edge emotionally.

I'm utterly shocked no one has mentioned the scene in Shawshank when Brooks can't handle being on the outside. That full scene has me like a trainwreck from start to finish every single time.

But them I'm shite for bubbling at films. I usually try and hide it from my Mrs, but that one had me fucking sobbing. The only other films that have floored me to such an extent are the last 20 minutes of Marley and Me and the first 10 minutes of Up.

I'm utterly shocked no one has mentioned the scene in Shawshank when Brooks can't handle being on the outside...

...would also like to add in the scene in Shawshank redemption where Brooks hangs himself...

B)

Marley and Me is a good shout. I made the mistake of watching that for the first time about 3 weeks after my dog got put down. f**k me that was a brutal mistake! Have watched it since and it's still sad. The bits that make me well up are him letting Marley off the lead on the beach and him sitting on the hill with Marley. The monologue Wilson gives kills me as well "A dog has no use for fancy cars, big homes, or designer clothes. A water log stick will do just fine. A dog doesn't care if your rich or poor, clever or dull, smart or dumb. Give him your heart and he'll give you his. How many people can you say that about? How many people can make you feel rare and pure and special? How many people can make you feel extraordinary?"**

It has it's obvious sad moments, but those 3 scenes in particular had me welling up as it was more to do with the bond he had with his dog, something every dog owner knows only exists between man and dog (f**k yer shitty cats B)).

I've yet to watch Hatchi, but if there are any other dog lovers out there then I recommend "8 Below". It's about huskies and features the late Paul Walker. Another tear jerker but for better reasons :)

** I know the gist of that speech but won't pretend I didn't copy and paste that verbatim :lol:

Can't remember if I've posted in this, but Grave of the Fireflies, the Killing Fields and Sweet Sixteen are absolute heartbreakers.

The former is one of the most powerful things I've ever seen. Floods of tears from beginning to end. The scene with the rice cakes.... dear lord.

I'm utterly shocked no one has mentioned the scene in Shawshank when Brooks can't handle being on the outside. That full scene has me like a trainwreck from start to finish every single time.

But them I'm shite for bubbling at films. I usually try and hide it from my Mrs, but that one had me fucking sobbing. The only other films that have floored me to such an extent are the last 20 minutes of Marley and Me and the first 10 minutes of Up.

The last 20 minutes or so of Marley and Me was horrendous. I went to the cinema to see this at the same showing as the Scotland U19 rugby team - they were playing at McDiarmid Park the following night so I guess they were taken there as a team trip. During that last 20 minutes, you could hear one of them bawling their eyes out. I wasn't much better.

I went to see Me and Earl and the Dying Girl a few nights ago. That had a few boot in the stomach moments too.

• 9 months later...

About Time is a cracking shout (whoever that was on page 1).  Always gets me.

Tis was me. Haven't watched it since the first time I saw it through fear I'll be reduced to tears!

Spent ages trying to think of a film that gets me really worked up and honestly im drawing a blank. But in terms of tv shows that are sure to upset me, im just gonna leave this here

Nina Tucker and Alexander

Anyone who has seen it will know exactly what i mean

Archived