Most emotional film

maicoman

IN a poll in todays Sun the no1 one was Forrest Gump find that hard to believe

Can understand that, the scene at the graveside especially.

Up, Toy Story 3, The Green Mile and It's a Wonderful Life are all excellent suggestions too, as well as being phenomenal films. Would add Hotel Rwanda to those as well, aside from the fact it's a true story so you know that the abject horror actually happened, Don Cheadle's performance is absolutely tremendous. Great film.

ETA: Completely forgot about Dead Man's Shoes. Great film, and the final build to the ending is emotional as hell.

Edited by J_Stewart

A film that took me by surprise and kicked f**k out of all my emotions was a small film called Hachi: A Dog's Tale. If you have ever had a dog or are a dog lover it will make you feel all of the feels and leave you in a mess.

anbs.gif

Also a shoutout to A Time to Kill and in particular dreamboat McConaughey's closing monologue in the courtroom.

Edited by stumigoo

The champ.

Watched it as a kid and I can only say that getting made to watch the "wake up champ" scene was tantamount to child cruelty. Seriously heart wrenching stuff.

I cry at films all the time like. Not a wuss or nowt just got extremely high levels of empathy.

tom hanks has a habbit of staring in films that bring a tear to the eye , philadelphia , forrest gump , castaway , the green mile

Funnily enough I well up anytime someone tells me I have to watch a Tom Hanks film. My knuckles whiten too.

The champ.

Watched it as a kid and I can only say that getting made to watch the "wake up champ" scene was tantamount to child cruelty. Seriously heart wrenching stuff.

I cry at films all the time like. Not a wuss or nowt just got extremely high levels of empathy.

Yup. That kid was awesome and so was Voight. I properly cried like a bitch. Last I saw the kid he was playing a doctor in Scrubs.

I think Forrest Gump makes me feel quite emotional. would also like to add in the scene in Shawshank redemption where Brooks hangs himself.

Its not a film but I think Futurama has several emotional moments . Fry's dog waiting on him years after he disappeared and Fry discovering about his nephew in the graveyard, I find to be the best examples.

Edited by Spectre

The end of Planes, Trains and Automobiles where he finds out John Candys wife is dead.

A great shout, especially when Steve Martin brings John Candy into his family's home for Christmas.

I think Forrest Gump makes me feel quite emotional. would also like to add in the scene in Shawshank redemption where Brooks hangs himself.

Its not a film but I think Futurama has several emotional moments . Fry's dog waiting on him years after he disappeared and Fry discovering about his nephew in the graveyard, I find to be the best examples.

The whole premise of Futurama's pretty depressing. The episode that ends with him travelling into his mum's dream was another one that got me.