Most emotional film

maicoman

Just thought about Boys from the Black Stuff, I remember at the time when Yosser goes to confession that I pissed mysides laughing but when I watched it again many moons later the very same scene made me cry. Powerful writing that can do that.

Grimbo

'All Dogs Go To Heaven' when I was wee. I watched another dog one, I think it was 8 below and that was pretty sad. Even the finale in 'Toy Story 3' was emotional.

As for grown up films, 'The Green Mile', which is fairly obvious. 'Tideland' also due to the loneliness portrayed

Surprised to see you've omitted Kes, what with you being #Northern and that.

Funny story, well I laugh about it now. I was born an raised in Bury (home of the black pudding) & Bobby Peel but in 1975 we moved down near Plymouth & at skoo they where reading Kestral for a knave & the English teacher had me stand up & read it out loud for accentual effect or some shite, but Caspar was a bloody tyke no a lanky lad, I was as baffled by the text as when I first tried to read Trainspotting.

Oh laugh, aye well you has to be there. I could have sued that c**t for racism or trauma if only I knew what they where back then.

Grimbo

The final brief monologue by writer/director Louis Malle at the end of Au revoir les enfants is something that gets to me every time.

I remember watching The Elephant Man in a fairly empty cinema near some girls that were in school with me. It took every ounce of effort to remain 'manly' at the end and not be seen to be shedding tears.

Has anyone else ever seen The Plague Dogs? animated film from the 80s about dogs who escape from a research facility. I remember greetin copiously to that film when I was wee.

Just googled it. Jesus. Stickit on a double-bill with Watership Down and traumatise a room of bairns.