Timetable for 'inevitable' Scottish Independence?

John Lambies Doos

2016 SE. Would not put referendum in manifesto. SNP landslide

2020 GE. Tory Majority. They have no uk wide opposition. Corbyn is unelectable in middle England, the blairites are just plain unelectable

2021 SE. Referendum in manifesto. Landslide SNP.

2023: Referendum. Independence secured.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think predictions are looking a little difficult.

Who would've predicted what has happened since the referendum with the SNP?

Who thought there would be a Tory majority?

Who thought Jeremy Corbyn would be the leading candidate for Labour leadership?

f**k knows what will happen. Donald Trump could win the US presidency and invade Scotalnd as revenge for us putting wind-farms next to his golf course.

2020 GE. Tory Majority. They have no uk wide opposition. Corbyn is unelectable in middle England, the blairites are just plain unelectable

No need for a two year gap. If there's a referendum in the manifesto it's because the SNP know that it's now majority supported and a referendum is a virtual lock to be won. They won't risk losing again.

Also no need for a long campaign this time.

I think the referendum could be in the autumn of 2021.

I think predictions are looking a little difficult.

Who would've predicted what has happened since the referendum with the SNP?

Who thought there would be a Tory majority?

Who thought Jeremy Corbyn would be the leading candidate for Labour leadership?

f**k knows what will happen. Donald Trump could win the US presidency and invade Scotalnd as revenge for us putting wind-farms next to his golf course.

I'll give you Corbyn, that was pretty unforseen.

The scale of the SNPs gains in May was obviously way beyond prediction but the signs of that shift have been coming for a long time. Also, before the campaign started, I would have bet on a Tory majority and I'm sure I wouldn't have been alone. Whether the polls were actually wrong or whether there was a very ate shift I suppose we'll never know.

Corbyn throws a lot of this in the air, especially if a) as I suspect he turns out to be far, far more popular with the masses than the media would like everyone to believe and b) he's unable to reverse the Scottish Labour Party's locked-in course to oblivion before the party ceases to exist entirely. A 2020 Red Labour victory would probably chop a good few points off the Yes side while people waited to see what would happen.

Pretty much any other outcome leads pretty much directly to a swift and decisive exit. Half of 2014's No voters will have finally died of old age by then anyway.

youve forgotten the date for the next timetable for independence thread.

The scale of the SNP landslide was outside of anybody's prediction - I went for 41 in the end, but it was fairly obvious that Scotland was gunning for Labour from the Vow onwards.

We don't like being taken for mugs.

I don't want to see another referendum until we are up to at least 55% in the polls. Putting a time on it is just daft....

Last September the Yes vote was approximately 45%. Recent polls have shown the Yes vote to be round about 48%.

You could say a rise of 3% since last year. It would be good if they could do a poll for the 18th September 2015 to see where the Yes vote stands one year on from the vote.

Could a 2 or 3 percent rise each year be feasible or achievable?

Sept. 2015 - 48%

Sept. 2016 - 50%

Sept. 2017 - 52%

Sept. 2018 - 54%

Sept. 2019 - 56%

Sept. 2020 - 58%

Last September the Yes vote was approximately 45%. Recent polls have shown the Yes vote to be round about 48%.

You could say a rise of 3% since last year. It would be good if they could do a poll for the 18th September 2015 to see where the Yes vote stands one year on from the vote.

Could a 2 or 3 percent rise each year be feasible or achievable?

Sept. 2015 - 48%

Sept. 2016 - 50%

Sept. 2017 - 52%

Sept. 2018 - 54%

Sept. 2019 - 56%

Sept. 2019 - 58%

Are we having two 2019s??? :P

Archived