Michelle Mone (again)

~~~

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

As a member of the House of Lords, Michelle Mone cannot become non-resident in the UK for tax purposes. Perhaps she has another problem brewing...

Another member of the HoL recently found this out the hard way. And, yes, it is exactly the one you thought of. 

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/lord-sugar-tried-dodge-186m-104223403.html

This is the most interesting piece from that article.   Whilst I find it difficult to believe a word that Lord Sugar and Lady Mone ever have said I really don't believe he was only 8 when The Apprentice began in 2005.

The billionaire, 26, had tried to argue he qualified for non-residency - a person who does not live in Britain and spends no more than 90 days in the UK a year.

Let the backstabbing, internicine warfare and 'Lee Wallacing' commence.......................get the popcorn ready.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/dec/18/michelle-mone-hits-out-rishi-sunak-ppe-deals

"After the former Conservative peer admitted in a BBC interview on Sunday that she had been untruthful in denying a connection to PPE Medpro, which made millions of pounds in profits over a contract to provide personal protective equipment, Sunak said No 10 was taking the case “incredibly seriously”. "

"In a furious response to the prime minister’s comments, Mone tweeted: “What is Rishi Sunak talking about? I was honest with the Cabinet Office, the government and the NHS in my dealings with them. They all knew about my involvement from the very beginning.” "

2 hours ago, Michael W said:

As a member of the House of Lords, Michelle Mone cannot become non-resident in the UK for tax purposes. Perhaps she has another problem brewing...

Another member of the HoL recently found this out the hard way. And, yes, it is exactly the one you thought of. 

Is she still regarded as a member of the HOL given she is being referred to as "former Tory peer". Not sure how all that works ???

15 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Let the backstabbing, internicine warfare and 'Lee Wallacing' commence.......................get the popcorn ready.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/dec/18/michelle-mone-hits-out-rishi-sunak-ppe-deals

"After the former Conservative peer admitted in a BBC interview on Sunday that she had been untruthful in denying a connection to PPE Medpro, which made millions of pounds in profits over a contract to provide personal protective equipment, Sunak said No 10 was taking the case “incredibly seriously”. "

"In a furious response to the prime minister’s comments, Mone tweeted: “What is Rishi Sunak talking about? I was honest with the Cabinet Office, the government and the NHS in my dealings with them. They all knew about my involvement from the very beginning.” "

Oooft, the old "if I go down I'm taking you all with me" line basically. Nice work Money (pun intended)

2 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Is she still regarded as a member of the HOL given she is being referred to as "former Tory peer". Not sure how all that works ???

She seems to have left the Tories. Still a member of the HoL unless she resigns or is expelled, though. 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/dec/18/michelle-mone-lords-cronyism-pandemic

"The Michelle Mone affair stinks. It shows that, under Boris Johnson, the British government was unfit for purpose, and is scarcely better today. While the Covid inquiry descends into a lawyers’ carnival, the PPE procurement scandal festers on.

In the spring of 2020, when the pandemic first broke, Wales’s first minister, Mark Drakeford, announced that there was “PPE in the system for everyone who needs it”. In the Welsh county of Gwynedd, hospitals, clinics, care homes and primary schools retorted that they had virtually none."

Hopefully, the soubriquet 'MiMo' will enter the lexicon any time a company or individual blatantly rips off the public purse.

I hope her tits and lips explode.

10 hours ago, Michael W said:

.3B88C78D-F404-4BA3-8D06-0D84B7C56C99.thumb.jpeg.2c5ca2660c8fcac150f44d2ff8b21a25.jpeg

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/dec/18/the-guardian-view-on-michelle-mone-lies-should-disqualify-her-from-parliament

"Rarely can there have been a less convincing apology than that offered by Michelle Mone in her weekend interview with the BBC’s Laura Kuenssberg. Lady Mone admitted last month that she and her husband, Douglas Barrowman, were involved in a company called PPE Medpro that won contracts worth £200m during the pandemic, and banked around £65m of this as profit. On Sunday, she told the BBC that she is sorry for having lied about this for years. But despite the apology, the couple gave the impression of believing that they have done almost nothing wrong."

Continuing with the quotes from The Grauniad trend this one must be the winner in terms of chutzpah...

Michelle Mone and ministers trade claims over her hidden links to PPE deals | Michelle Mone | The Guardian

She (Mone) also accused Gove and the Ddepartment of Health and Social Care official Sir Chris Wormald of overseeing a “huge waste in PPE contracts”.

8 hours ago, Molotov said:

Great line.

IMG_5659.jpeg.a38bd1f29f39508a133be969aa0e7fa8.jpeg

“Which will burst first - the buttons on his shirt, or her Botox-filled face?”

Criticising looks isn't the done thing, and rightly so, but I'm happy to make an exception for Mone - her online presence is very much about how she looks (even a post about Remembrance was accompanied by a 'glossy' picture of herself) and she dishes out advice on coping with life by looking good etc all the time (or at least she did before she fucked off for a couple of years) but she looks fucking rank there, and she's done it all to herself with our fucking money - botoxed to the max, lips Pete Burns would've pointed-and-laughed at - she looks fucking ridiculous

I know she's thicker than a Boxing Day shite but surely to f'ck she knows that presenting yourself like a over-ripe barbie Doll while going for the sympathy vote is a bad move (or a bad look I suppose)