Partick Thistle Vs Kilmarnock: Saturday 15 August 3:00pm

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think it was Doolan that was marking Boyd, might be wrong though. Fair play to him, stuck it in the one bit Cerny couldn't reach. Speaking of Cerny, he was rightfully raging at the defence a number of times, and clearly wasn't happy at full time with the result.

On the Amoo debate, why oh why was he playing on the left when his obviously totally reliant on his right foot? Anytime he got the ball out wide in the first half any momentum was lost as he had to cut back inside.

As said he is an old school winger and will flit in and out of games. Hopefully he has one of his good ones next week.

Oh aye, Tommy Cerny was absolutely seething at the final whistle giving it a big f**k off before clapping the fans. Big Freddie Frans was gutted to and felt we should have won due to the chances created.

Overall it was like one of our games from the first season back up where started brightly playing good stuff, then it all goes a wee bit wrong. Winning with 10 men would have been just too much to ask for I suppose.

Amoo's best moment came when he was down the right - sure it was him that played the ball in which Lawless smashed straight at McDonald prior to the quick free kick. If we can get him doing that as often as possible in matches he'll be ok. It's about 24:40 in the Alba highlights.

Forgot Lawless' wee tenacious run too, fantastic work.

How they killie fans can happily belt our every rangers song there is is beyond me from the billy boys to no one likes us is a total shown up id fall out with anyone near me that was to belt that shite out but then they wer the 1 team that didnt vote to get rid of them and bring on boyd and mculloch rangers fans without the bus fare total embarrasment of a team

We can afford the bus fare from Kilmarnock to Maryhill, but we can't afford the bus fare from Kilmarnock to Govan to watch our big team.

Also, Rangers were playing on Sunday, so we all needed something to keep us occupied on Saturday.

Dat first half. Ouch. I think there's a case for bringing action against Killie for calling themselves a football team based upon large chunks of that performance. A lucky point for us and if I was a Partick fan I would feel hard done to that it wasn't a convincing win.

We reallty need to pull our fucking socks up and quick.

How they killie fans can happily belt our every rangers song there is is beyond me from the billy boys to no one likes us is a total shown up id fall out with anyone near me that was to belt that shite out but then they wer the 1 team that didnt vote to get rid of them and bring on boyd and mculloch rangers fans without the bus fare total embarrasment of a team

Without commas or full stops, this just seems like the stream of consciousness of a mad man. (Which of course it isn't). ;)

What a melt.

A couple of belated post-match thoughts on Saturday's game that have probably already been covered:

• Haven't been that irked about a result for quite some time; we should have been out of sight by half-time. Absolutely dominant for the first half hour but wasteful, and you always had a sneaking suspicion that Killie would come back at us. What makes it all the more frustrating is the cheapness of the goals that we gave away. If we play the way we did however, I think we'll win more games than we lose this season.
  • Given how we performed in Osman's absence in the last Killie match, I was slightly worried that we might have been overrun in midfield but Bannigan and particularly Welsh did a fine job. The latter is really proving that Archie was right to stand by him throughout his injury hell and it was fantastic to see him back with the captain's armband.
  • The regularity that we make Josh Magennis look like fat Ronaldo is troubling. I thought Frans was most culpable throughout, a few friends thought Lindsay more so; either way, we didn't half make a meal of him again and he probably should have scored.
  • I thought Lindsay performed reasonably well but his performance was punctuated by naivety - as others have said, he should have stood in front of the ball in the lead-up to the first equaliser and the ball should have been in the stand for his red card. Harsh lesson for him but I'm sure he'll learn. Might need to bide his time for a first team return given Seaborne is back.
  • Both Miller and Booth were excellent. Miller got forward to much greater effect than in the first three games and nullified Higginbotham to such an extent that he had to switch wings. Booth's attacking game has always been a strength but his defending has significantly improved since signing. Also has a decent right foot on him and was unfortunate with one or two efforts that MacDonald saved well.
  • For Killie to have any chance of avoiding another season of scrapping, they need to have Boyd and Higginbotham on the pitch whenever they are fit. Between the two of them, they could be worth 15+ points this season and that could be what keeps Killie up despite Locke's best efforts.
  • Higginbotham shouldn't have been on the pitch for three blatant elbows; the one on Booth is the clearest elbow that you're likely to see. The Jackie Husband side linesman didn't make a decision all day, even looking to the referee to decide on throw-ins so not surprised in the slightest that he didn't acknowledge it. He also missed Magennis catch Lindsay clean in the face despite looking straight at it. For what it's worth, I acknowledged Higginbotham at the end but understand why some folk were critical. He's always been a bit of a crowd baiter but to do so after so blatantly elbowing Booth was in poor taste and he only has himself to blame if he wasn't happy with his reception at the end of the game.
  • Let's see this trumpet claim that Doolan can't play in the Premiership as a lone striker now.

Archived