Partick Thistle Vs Kilmarnock: Saturday 15 August 3:00pm

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good result given the circumstances. Think if we'd kept 11 we would've won but obviously that's irrelevant.

We should've the game done by HT.

Another good game from Cerny. Miller and Booth were both very good. Magennis give Frans and Lindsey a hard time but they did okay. Welsh and Bannigan were decent but we could've done with Osman for the last 10. Lawless was his usual self until he got injured. Amoo is fustratinf but there is a player in there and I think he'd be a lot better on the right. Doolan was excellent and took his goals brilliant, very unlucky not to get a hattrick. Fraser was pretty anonymous when he came on but was unlucky to hit the bar and put in a great cross for Doolan's 2nd.

Another terrible refereeing performance. No complaints for the sending off though. Higgy should have been off though. On a booking and he elbows Booth in the chin, should've been a straight red. No idea how the challenge that injured Lawless from Smith wasn't a foul then he continued to let Smith away with another couple bookable challenges.

On the basis of today, we'll finish above Killie. Their defencw is dreadful and their 2 sitting midfielders were poor.

Another point is always welcome especially against a team that has done better than us the past two seasons. However im concerned with how people are describing how we played in the first 30 mins. Fatigue I feel would play a part in both teams performances, however people who were there would be better placed to comment on this. Hope we can make the defense a bit more tight and get the player ready for Ross County.

Decent game. Slightly pissed off that no one bothered picking up Boyd at the corner but I said I'd take a draw when Lindsay went off.

Killie's No. 7 was good. They are good going forward but look at bit dodgy at the back.

Entertaining game if anything. Incredibly frustrating that we didn't kill it in the first thirty minutes. Killie were all over the shop, particularly at the back, and we really could've finished them off there and then. Equaliser went in and was like someone flicked a switch and we lost all confidence.

Doolan fully deserved motm. He was full of skill and caused Killie all kinds of problems. Miller i also felt had a great game.

Frustrating game from start to finish. Should've had the game won in the first 30 minutes then fell asleep for the Killie first goal. Think Bannigan owes Liam Lindsay an apology for that absolute suicide ball that led to him getting sent off. I was almost greeting as he walked off the park - he looked absolutely devastated. Killie got let off the hook a few times with some nasty challenges though - how Stevie Smith never got a card for that challenge on Lawless I'll never know. Boyd scoring and celebrating like that was inevitable. Doolan was immense all game and Fraser was good when he came on. Amoo was absolutely chronic and Miller seems to offer nothing defensively. Definitely two points dropped for Thistle today. Hopefully keep ten men on the park next week.

I keep thinking we can't get any worse season on season and yet we find new depths to plumb. The performance in the first 30-35 was fucking criminally bad, didn't touch the ball, didn't pass, didn't tackle, didn't close down, just dreadful beyond words.

We had our tails up a bit in the second half and it's frustrating to get the red card rather than the chance through on goal. You have to feel o'Hara was going in to score.

Even when we did have 20-25 mins with an extra man we just weren't good enough to make it count. Completely fell asleep for the goal, assuming he was off, and just not good enough to attack in the last 5 after Boyd's equaliser. Rather than pushing for a winner we gave away silly fouls and just generally wasted possession.

It's going to be a long, brutal season.

Just in..

Kilmarnock really are lucky b*****ds every time they play us.. and ofc it had to be Boyd..

Lindsay gave MaGennis too much respect and got bullied a lot but then again he is just 19 so he will become more street wise with time.

Amoo was pretty gash, would have hooked him instead of Stevo

iirc Bannigan had a poor pass back for Lindsay's sending off so I dont blame Lindsay at all

Doolan was fantastic and it's a shame our formation only has one striker as you tend to feel for the guy as he works his socks off for the team

Boyd.....*grumbles*

"We are the Killie boys", " We are Killie Super Killie", what a loathesome club in a nothing wilderness town. Johnnie Walker did the right thing.

:lol: Good to see that some fans aren't that angered at that result.

From what I've heard Partick were the better team. I've always had a soft spot for Partick, so all the best for the season. (Hopefully use decide to allow us to finish above use this season).

Well, where to begin.

Up until their equaliser, we were outstanding - smartly taken finish from Doolan, Lawless having an effort stopped at near point blank range plus Doolan hitting the post, some very fluent play (loved Frans' wee bit of skill in particular) and really ought to be 3-0 up. Quick free kick, Thistle switch off, 1-1.

After that was a complete nightmare - misplaced passes, blocked shots/shots going wide, daft wee individual errors, and Killie could have been 2-1 up as Magennis (who started off anonymous and then started bullying our defense with sheer speed and strength post equaliser) raced clear and I *think* Cerny saved it with his legs onto the post, not a great angle where I was though.

Miller was very, very good up to the equaliser as well, absolutely bombed forward constantly. Booth had a good game and curiously was much improved after the sending off, showed great effort and tried to get us going forward.

Amoo has some nice little touches on him, reckon there's a good player in there. Dreadful in the air though, seems terrified of jumping for a ball.

Kris Doolan is immense. Probably the best first touch on a Thistle player I've ever seen - the touch on the ball that was going out for a GK which he somehow kept alive and, iirc, resulted in a big stramash that somehow ended up in McDonald's arms was unbelievable.

How their left back didn't get booked I'll never know.

Loved it when Seabourne came on; Magennis was running with the ball at full pelt and, having caused bother for everyone else Seabourne just went NOPE and put in a crunching tackle, and after he was on the park we handled Magennis far better. Reckon Frans and Seabourne, when fit, have to play together as first choice - felt bad for Lindsay but he had so much time to boot it away, try to take a touch or play it to Cerny but it looked like he couldn't make his mind up and gave away a cheap red card as a result.

Very entertaining game - on reflection there's area's of concern (mentally we did not handle conceding the equaliser well at all) but I'd fancy our chances of steering clear of relegation. No chance of finishing in the top 6 for either team, I'd say with some certainty.

Archived