What team do your players support?

I remember reading a piece about Bob Harris heading down there and in it he mentioned Stevie Tosh making the same trip.

Harris was very much a Rangers fan right enough. He would probably have been my first guess. Tosh wasnt but he was very much a football fan. Not a bit surprised he took the chance of a UEFA Cup final ticket if there was one going. If I know Tosher he was probably looking for weaknesses he could exploit too! Maybe he learned they were weak at defending efforts from close range with the groin.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Harris was very much a Rangers fan right enough. He would probably have been my first guess. Tosh wasnt but he was very much a football fan. Not a bit surprised he took the chance of a UEFA Cup final ticket if there was one going. If I know Tosher he was probably looking for weaknesses he could exploit too! Maybe he learned they were weak at defending efforts from close range with the groin.

Yes, that might have been it. I'd actually thought Tosh was meant to be a Raith Rovers fan, but I don't know.

To be honest, I've obviously got no problem with our players supporting whoever. Evidently enough, they're bound to support the teams they grew up following. Dobbie for instance, my favourite all-time player, was a Rangers fan too.

It would therefore make perfect sense for people like Harris to want to go to the biggest Rangers game for generations when it came along, if they were able to.

What annoyed me more was that in building up to the biggest game in our entire history, that was the angle taken in an article supposedly about Queens.

Tosh is a Raith fan. His son is an Aberdeen fan though, I think through developing a liking for football whilst his father played there.

God, imagine if the poor wee bugger had got into football just after the Aberdeen stint ended.

Scarred for life, he'd be.

For Raith, since there's a few players with Dee links:

Kyle Benedictus - Little known as many thought it was Dundee, but actually it was United I believe.

Craig Wighton - Dundee.

Lewis Toshney - Celtic.

ETA: St Mirren fans, I take it Paul McGinn was a Celtic fan too due to the Grandad link and his brothers both supporting them?

Tosh was/ is a Rangers fan who has a fondness for Aberdeen . Very rare but true .

Is he? Wasnt aware of any Rangers leanings but you will know better. I was aware he had a fondness for Aberdeen but wasnt sure it predated his own time there. I have seen him at Raith games.

A good chunk of our players seem to be Celtic fans.

Baird certainly isn't. Still can't get over what he said after the Challenge Cup Final, utter numpty.

No idea about our team tbh and couldn't really care. 20 minutes left of my shift and nothing to do so I'll make predictions :ph34r:

Atkinson: Would actually be surprised if he supported a Scottish team

Kidd: Shocked if it wasn't Sellick

Dowie: The Rangers

Higgins: Sellick

Brownlie: Sellick

Millar: Sellick

Lyle: The Rangers

Conroy: Sellick

Russell: The Rangers

Jacobs: Avendale Athletico

Hilson: Sellick

Marshall: The Rangers

Higgins: Sellick

Heffernan: Shamrock Rovers :ph34r:

Hutton: Surely The Rangers

Smith: Pretty sure he used to run around my street in a Rangers jersey, so imagine he may well have decided to follow The Rangers when they formed.

Canna be arsed guessing any more :lol:

For Raith, since there's a few players with Dee links:

Kyle Benedictus - Little known as many thought it was Dundee, but actually it was United I believe.

Craig Wighton - Dundee.

Lewis Toshney - Celtic.

ETA: St Mirren fans, I take it Paul McGinn was a Celtic fan too due to the Grandad link and his brothers both supporting them?

Cheers.

So for the Rovers:

Wighton - Dundee

Bene - Dundee United

Toshney - Celtic

Vaughan - Hibs

Not sure what team Mcgurn supports but after all this time, id like to think that we've converted him into supporting...

Anyone but the Rovers :lol:

Is he? Wasnt aware of any Rangers leanings but you will know better. I was aware he had a fondness for Aberdeen but wasnt sure it predated his own time there. I have seen him at Raith games.

Yes he sure is . Got to know him a bit in his Queens days . He seems to have a fondness for all his ex teams though.

Pretty sure Baird IS a Celtic fan. What did he say after the Cup Final?

I would be surprised if Marshall isnt a Newcastle fan. Pickard definitely is.

I'm pretty sure that he is a Celtic fan as well.

He was saying before the game that 'to score the winner against Rangers in a cup final would be a dream come true'..

Pretty sure Baird IS a Celtic fan. What did he say after the Cup Final?

I've seen it claimed on here that he's a Rangers fan and I've also seen it claimed that he's a Celtic one.

After that Ramsden's final in which he scored a dramatic late winner against Rangers, he gave some daft 'heat of the moment' interview to BBC Alba in which he said that the next best thing to playing for the OF if you weren't lucky enough to do so, was scoring against them.

I don't think he meant it to come across quite as it did.

Jason Thomson is a Hearts fan.

Not really got much idea who the rest of them support as we have a very new side. I recall most our players over the past few seasons seemed to support either Celtic or Hearts. Ryan Conroy had a Celtic-related meltdown on Twitter a few months ago as well.

Archived