Aberdeen v Dundee

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm nervous about this one already, Dundee had a big ol Indian sign over us last season and it's going to be interesting to see if we have learnt out lesson. Touch wood we'll sneak it but I expect a real test.

Playing Dundee gives me a bit of the fear as I tip them for top 6 this year and I like their squad. However, being at Pittodrie gives us a huge advantage and I'll go for a 2-1 to the Dons. 3 wins is a great start for us but I think there's still a few things to iron out. Shinnie to bomb upfield and give us the winner.

Playing Dundee gives me a bit of the fear as I tip them for top 6 this year and I like their squad. However, being at Pittodrie gives us a huge advantage and I'll go for a 2-1 to the Dons. 3 wins is a great start for us but I think there's still a few things to iron out. Shinnie to bomb upfield and give us the winner.

We like playing at Pittodrie though.

We like playing at Pittodrie though.

You draw a lot, but no wins spring to mind recently (may be wrong)?

My comments were based more on the atmosphere recently than head-to-head record though; and that of course I'd be more confident playing youse at home than at Dens.

Is there some kind of in-joke going on here or do Dundee fans genuinely think they have a good chance of winning here?

I think we'll keep it tight and manage the game better than we did in last season's meetings where both teams scored in all five games. 1 or 2-0 to the dons with Rooney scoring.

Wait, what? Why would we not have a good chance of winning? Our head to head record last season in was 1 win, 1 loss and 3 draws. One of those draws was at Pittodrie when the ref played about 20 mins injury time until Aberdeen scored an offside goal. We are a far better team than we were last season and Nicky Low is going to come back and haunt the f**k out of you.

The result will be 1-2.

You won't catch a Dundee fan seething about getting a draw away to Aberdeen.

There was the odd spot of justified seethe in January when the Dons stole an offside injury time equaliser.

Just like every team visiting pittodrie Dundee will set up to be hard to break down and park the bus.

I predict we'll win with a clean sheet.

Nope. We're not that great defensively and we carry a big goal threat. We've scored nine in four games and it should have been many more. We will create chances and give Aberdeen chances too. I reckon the the Dons will win, they're certainly favourites, but I expect us to give it a go and I think we'll score.

So i understand that their best player is Nicky Low. Stop laughing at the back, he's very good at running about a bit quite fast.

He's only started one game for us, and he did very well with two assists. He certainly ran about a lot, but it was to good effect.

Dundee are one of the very very few teams that come up here and go for it, think it will be a cracking game, I rekon they might "snatch" top 4 come the end of the season, (shame that there wont be any derbies next season for them mind). Low should be a cracking signing although he might see a red or two, should have been Robsons replacement imo.

Rooney to start, Shinnie to dazzle, Pawlett to be a south stand side ball boy for the day and Low handling the ball into his own net on 96 minutes after a blatant push by Mcginn for a 3 - 2 win to the famous

If the Dees do attack us it will play into our hands. If we set up with three at the back like in the Euro games with Goodwillie up top, the space he will create for our runners will cause lots of problems.

The three at the back + Jack and Shinnie sitting should nullify any threat they have going forward and not give Stewart any space to shoot. Shinnie could do a man-marking job on Stewart, because his long range shooting is very potent. Otherwise, their attack is based on neat interplay and pace, which can be broken up by a deep lying Jack.

If they begin to sit off us we can switch to a 4-3-3 with Hayes pushing up and McLean sitting back a little, giving him more space to pick a pass. Rooney can come off the bench and be the penalty box goal threat.

Have been very impressed with the Dees though, and if we do go with 3 at the back you should take it as a compliment!

Archived