Peterhead vs Dunfermline Athletic Saturday 22nd August

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It won't be 1-8 but hopeful we can pick up another three points. Impressive win at Stranraer for Peterhead today though so definitely should be the hardest league game we've faced so far.

Can't see many changes barring injury, possibly Talbot in for Martin or Wallace getting a start after four in four from the bench.

1-9. Remember Forfar cup tie midweek.

Fairly short trip for me so I'll be heading along, looking forward to it as it will be a tough game of football. I reckon Peterhead will be one of the few team we'll face this season who will look to play about as much attacking football as us, I certainly hope they don't park the bus by any means as they seem good enough to score a few themselves.

Apart from the bar in the main stand, are there any other decent boozers near by?

Is there not a 'Spoons in town centre?

Aye but that was a fair walk away from the the ground. Isn't there something closer to the ground?

Just the bar at the ground or the Albert is about half way out of town on Queen St towards the ground.

As for the game, hoping for a score draw but Dunfermline seem to have got it together this year, and although we have started OK I am not confident in our defence.

Just the bar at the ground or the Albert is about half way out of town on Queen St towards the ground.

As for the game, hoping for a score draw but Dunfermline seem to have got it together this year, and although we have started OK I am not confident in our defence.

Station bar right next door to the Albert, or the Mayfair immediately round the corner. You lads are scoring for fun at the minute, but how are you defensively, don't seem to have been tested?

Looking fairly decent at the back. Not been too tested, though Cowdenbeath looked handy going forward. Big Ben wins everything in the air but sometimes get a position wrong. His timing of tackles seems spot on. Fordyce just looks solid and very reliable. I'm happy with the defence.

Not been up against a Rory McAllister type player yet (certainly not one as effective as McAllister) though so we'll see what Saturday brings

Station bar right next door to the Albert, or the Mayfair immediately round the corner. You lads are scoring for fun at the minute, but how are you defensively, don't seem to have been tested?

Not really tested, leaving ourselves a little open with the way we play and had understandable lapses in concentration when matches are already won.

Never been in the Station, always assumed that was part of the Albert. Will take a little bit of confidence that the Dunfermline fans think we can cause problems. To be fair I think we do have a stronger attacking line up than last season, and Jordan Brown (who I have never thought highly of) has somehow turned into a goal scorer.

Will be really interesting to see how this pans out. I'd take a draw in honesty.

The way we're playing I'd be disappointed not leaving with 3 points tbh.

This team has proved to be difficult for us and are dirty. Seeing as how Jim 'Dookin For Chips' McInally has at least a bit of know-how compared to Nish, he'll set his team up much better in defence. I just think we're far too strong in midfield and attack that we can break down teams easily with Paton and Cardle being real handfuls on the wings, never mind the skill and pace from Moff and Fais up top. Although in saying that, we have a hard midweek game against a team we just can't seem to get the better of so will be a good test of the team's character to go from that game onto this one. Peterhead also have to travel that night down to Falkirk so it will make things interesting.

As I've said, I think we're far too good going forward and seem to be pretty solid at the back. We should be going into these games and taking it to them. The players know how good they are compared to the rest in this league and are showing it. Will go for a nice 2-0 victory.

BRE has been playing as a one man defence at times. AJ even explicity said in his post match interview that he expects to lose goals with the way we're set up. AJ has also said we'd play a different setup at times for away games (eg not having at least two of our four man defence camped outside the opposition's box). BRE's sheer size, strength and coolness is the bedrock that allows us to rampage forward.

BRE has been playing as a one man defence at times. AJ even explicity said in his post match interview that he expects to lose goals with the way we're set up. AJ has also said we'd play a different setup at times for away games (eg not having at least two of our four man defence camped outside the opposition's box). BRE's sheer size, strength and coolness is the bedrock that allows us to rampage forward.

Honestly have been more impressed with Fordyce. BRE reminds of Bamba in that he can be an absolute colossus but there just seems to be a mistake waiting to happen. Like the fact he's not afraid to get stuck in and pass the ball around though.

Honestly have been more impressed with Fordyce. BRE reminds of Bamba in that he can be an absolute colossus but there just seems to be a mistake waiting to happen. Like the fact he's not afraid to get stuck in and pass the ball around though.

Yep. Fordyce for me has stuck out defensively. Richards-Everton does have some good attributes to his game but I can't help but feel nervous when he's on the ball, tries too much nonsense at times. Fordyce just seems like a no-nonsense centre back.

Archived